PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the billet neuspeed lower tie bar? Not the sway bar

Shhmaudi
10-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Is anyone running one? notice a difference in handling? I was searching, and it came up on audiworld that some people have trouble getting it to fit because it touches their exhaust..

I doubt it will fit with my 3in under there..? anyone have pics of it mounted?

Crispy222
10-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Same as DTS bar?

mysman
10-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Yes, it does improve handling and feel. I got mine for $150 on sale, definitely worth it. I also added a S4 style tie bar to close the U-shaped sub-frame and a rear snubber to limit engine movement.

Yes, it can touch the exhaust. Neuspeed will tell you it's because your motor mounts need replacing. I ground down the leading edge of the bar slightly for clearance, but you may also be able to reposition the downpipe slightly, though the 3in may not work.

Shhmaudi
10-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Same as DTS bar?

No

Yes, it does improve handling and feel. I got mine for $150 on sale, definitely worth it. I also added a S4 style tie bar to close the U-shaped sub-frame and a rear snubber to limit engine movement.

Yes, it can touch the exhaust. Neuspeed will tell you it's because your motor mounts need replacing. I ground down the leading edge of the bar slightly for clearance, but you may also be able to reposition the downpipe slightly, though the 3in may not work.

Hmmm.. what kind of sway bars are you running?

walky_talky20
10-26-2011, 12:25 PM
It looks like this is just a stiffening bar and does not hook up to the transmission to stabilize the drivetrain. I would think that would be the more noticeable benefit of the AWE DTS, as it can help with shift shock/slop on accel/decel.

Shhmaudi
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
It looks like this is just a stiffening bar and does not hook up to the transmission to stabilize the drivetrain. I would think that would be the more noticeable benefit of the AWE DTS, as it can help with shift shock/slop on accel/decel.

No its not a DTS bar. its suppose to connect to the subframe and stiffen things up. I am conflicted Because I dont know if it will clear my 3in exhaust. ANyone running this with a 3in dp and exhaust

walky_talky20
10-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Indeed. I'm just saying that if I was going to get one, I'd want the one that did 2 things, not just 1. As far as the exhaust, if it didn't fit couldn't an exhaust shop just fix it up for you? That would probably involve a cut and weld type operation which isn't great for flow I suppose.

Shhmaudi
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Indeed. I'm just saying that if I was going to get one, I'd want the one that did 2 things, not just 1. As far as the exhaust, if it didn't fit couldn't an exhaust shop just fix it up for you? That would probably involve a cut and weld type operation which isn't great for flow I suppose.

Do they make one of those

walky_talky20
10-26-2011, 07:57 PM
http://awe-tuning.com/media/products/awe/dts/AWE_dts_installed.jpg

Same thing as that Neuspeed thingy, but it has 2 holes in the middle to attach to the transmission via a poly bushing. It's for those times when you say to yourself "Self, I feel like I need my mods to 2 things at once. I feel like reducing driveline slop *and* stiffening the chassis. And Self, if it could also decrease my already troublesome ground clearance, that would be super."

You know, it's for those times.

Crispy222
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
One popped up on the classifieds.

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=61800&title=awe-drive-train-stabilizer-bar-and-poly-mount&cat=20