PDA

View Full Version : Identify This Plug...

Silverstreak98
10-24-2011, 09:49 PM
So I usually just search for everything to find my answers, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find this by searching so hopefully someone can help me out.

I really need to know what this plug does, as, in my infinite idiocy, manage to snap the plug off at the firewall (brillant I know! [:(]). I tried to solder this wires back together with limited success, but what I really need is to replace the whole plug, is this possible? (Any part numbers?)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ekh6-FLXKzY/TqY_GBBKGsI/AAAAAAAABHM/ASZz4fuBT_8/s800/Mystery%252520Plug.jpg

($10 it's Walky who gets this!)

TIA!!!

Seerlah
10-24-2011, 10:12 PM
No fair, he has an ETKA[:p]

SS92
10-25-2011, 07:04 AM
No fair, he has an ETKA[:p]

It's a lot easier to get than you think. Haha

FNK
10-25-2011, 07:42 AM
($10 it's Walky who gets this!)

[:D]
http://i55.tinypic.com/52kzsl.jpg

Silverstreak98
10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Guess he didn't see this thread haha.

No matter, figured it out! If anyone was wondering that plug is the kickdown switch for automatic transmissions.

walky_talky20
10-25-2011, 06:33 PM
lol@ the Trix bunny! You guys crack me up! Sorry I missed this thread, sometimes the boss actually makes me work and I miss things.

I'm flattered, but I don't know if I would have been any help anyway. Even with the clue from post #5, I ETKA'd till my eyes were bleeding and I just couldn't ETKA any more and I didn't come up with any part numbers for you. I can't for the life of me find the kick down switch listing anywhere. I can find it for a Jetta but not an A4. I can find the female connector (the one in your photo from the engine harness with the metal spring clip on it), but I can't find the other side for crap. The part that would mount to the firewall there.

If anybody has a part number for that switch, I'd love to know.

flynnr
10-25-2011, 06:55 PM
hey silverstreak, i am from roch too :) PM me if you ever want to get together with the audi / vw guys in the area. we get together once a week!

there is a b7 rs4, b8 s4, b5 s4, my BT b5 a4, b7 a4, mkv rabbit thats getting turbo'd, and 2 mkIV jettas that usually make it out!

Silverstreak98
10-25-2011, 08:26 PM
hey silverstreak, i am from roch too :) PM me if you ever want to get together with the audi / vw guys in the area. we get together once a week!

there is a b7 rs4, b8 s4, b5 s4, my BT b5 a4, b7 a4, mkv rabbit thats getting turbo'd, and 2 mkIV jettas that usually make it out!

Wow sounds like a nice ground Flynnr, my car would be the runt of that litter lol. Sounds great though, I'd certainly be down.

You got PM!