PDA

View Full Version : Airbag light, disabling

Aragorn
10-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Anyone know anything about the signal sent to the cluster by the Airbag ECU to turn the light off?

I'm starting work on a track car build, and i dont want the airbag light glowing at me all the time!

Dallas09
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I would guess you'd more likely to be successful at removing the LED itself then trying to replicate an OK airbag module signal. I would doubt the airbag signal is a constant voltage or resistance that could easily be duplicated.

revolution337
10-24-2011, 03:07 PM
I would guess you'd more likely to be successful at removing the LED itself then trying to replicate an OK airbag module signal. I would doubt the airbag signal is a constant voltage or resistance that could easily be duplicated.

false. you can easily wire in resistors in order to trick the ECU in thinking the airbag is connected. I'm not sure what resistance you need but I know the info is floating around here somewhere.

Dallas09
10-24-2011, 03:55 PM
^^ He asked about the signal from the airbag computer to the cluster, not from an individual airbag to the airbag computer. I assumed since he said he is working on a track car build that he pulled a number of the airbags out. But you're right you could put resistors in for each individual missing airbag, I'm pretty sure the resistance values for the seat airbags are floating around, but Im not sure about the rest, and youll have to find very high tolerance resistors if I remember right.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec138.shtml heres a link that goes into that a little bit. Make sure you look up the values if you try to go this route instead of resistance testing the airbags...

Aragorn
10-25-2011, 01:19 AM
Yeh, i'd want to remove the Airbag ECU all together, so i'd be wanting to replicate the "OK" signal between the cluster and the airbag ECU.

I guess its not just a simple ground or voltage signal then?

Roadtrippn
10-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I'd love to be able to do that. I've been living with an airbag light for years...and I know it has something to do with some tolerances in the passenger seat. My mechanic has just been deleting the code to pass inspection