PDA

View Full Version : Is frankenturbo legit?

B5RiceEater
10-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Is frankenturbo legit i dont even see a contact number and hstuning doesnt even answer the phone smh

-:vw:-
10-24-2011, 07:06 AM
They are still a small company who has become very successful and popular very fast. They are undoubtedly very busy trying to assist everyone with their products. Give these small/new guys a break and show some patience. From what I've seen on this forum and every other forum it'll be worth the small wait.

CamrideA4
10-24-2011, 07:09 AM
I've never called Doug (don't have his #) but he responds quickly to email. I would go that route: sales@frankenturbo.com. And yes he's legit, he's been extremely helpful with my car over the past year.

B5RiceEater
10-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Ok well i have yet to recieve an email back i am impatient geez 1500 bucks for a turbo there should be some secretary taking calls atleast geez

10-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Ok well i have yet to recieve an email back i am impatient geez 1500 bucks for a turbo there should be some secretary taking calls atleast geez

I think you need to do some very serious price comparisons...

CamrideA4
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM

It's about $1200 after tax and it includes the exhaust manifold, TIP and either a DV or MAF (which is an awesome price). IMO the fuel pump isn't really necessary (from my experience) unless yours is failing. I'm running the stock pump on 440cc injectors and don't have any issues. And AFAIK Doug is a one man operation.

SN95Audi87
10-24-2011, 08:26 AM
It's about $1200 after tax and it includes the exhaust manifold, TIP and either a DV or MAF (which is an awesome price). IMO the fuel pump isn't really necessary (from my experience) unless yours is failing. I'm running the stock pump on 440cc injectors and don't have any issues. And AFAIK Doug is a one man operation.

How much power you made through the tiptronic?

10-24-2011, 08:33 AM
TIP stands for Turbo Inlet Pipe. This acronym is not referring to a transmission.

B5RiceEater
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Ok your right he sent me an email quickly lol im ordering my kit tonite yeaaaa buddy!!!

CamrideA4
10-24-2011, 09:02 AM
How much power you made through the tiptronic?

Estimating about 290-300hp at the crank right now judging by MAF readings. I'll have it on the dyno later this year hopefully. Thankfully the trans hasn't even hiccup'd yet, which is great considering it's still got most of the original fluid in it.

Ok your right he sent me an email quickly lol im ordering my kit tonite yeaaaa buddy!!!

What year/trans do you have? Any idea what tune you're going to go with?