PDA

View Full Version : turn signals won't blink.....?????

quattroanillos5
04-18-2005, 05:31 AM
for some reason when i signal to turn my blinker won't blink they come on like a switch..... anybody have an idea as to what i can do to fix this.... could it be some fried relay???? need help?

greski
04-18-2005, 06:43 AM
Sounds like a worn out relay.

Zodiak
04-18-2005, 07:50 AM
swap the bulbs first. happened to a friend of mine and it turned out that it was a bad bulb.

Monchichi8
04-18-2005, 08:24 AM
yea, check the bulbs first, then check the relay....most likely the relay.

needforspd
07-08-2005, 09:59 AM
did you ever figure out what the problem was?

my blinkers wont blink now, started today. but my hazards work just fine.
so relay or my new stealth bulbs just put in not to long ago?

buck
07-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by needforspd
did you ever figure out what the problem was?

my blinkers wont blink now, started today. but my hazards work just fine.
so relay or my new stealth bulbs just put in not to long ago?

when my blinkers went - the hazards still worked. It was the relay in my case. if you're under warranty - the should replace it.

AudiSnawb
07-08-2005, 02:53 PM
my gf had the same prob in her passat- it was the relay.... cheap part from the dealer, and its a DIY job.................

rowdysaudi1
07-08-2005, 03:51 PM
F that. For me, it was the emergency signal button. It cost me 100 dollars. Better hope it doesnt have to do with the emergency button.

matt719
07-08-2005, 03:56 PM
By the emergency signal button do you mean the red triangular button (aka the hazard lights)? That is the relay.. that unit. I got my relay online for $30 and for some reason it came with a box of two so I guess you could reason that a relay is only $15 and it was easily replaced.

By the way, for anyone trying to change it and having a tough time, here is what i did:

First I ripped off that molding piece around it and of course I managed to rip off all the mounting clips. If you did this, don't panic. Get some gorilla glue or similar and glue them back on. To this day I don't know how to remove that piece without breaking the clips. Now tighly grip the top and bottom of the relay with pliers and pull. Once out, undo the connector, put the new one in . You're done.

One thing I noticed is that my new hazard light switch tends to get stuck in and it takes a few presses to unstick it. My only guess is that the casing is slightly too large which constricts the button (because it clicks in and out fine when not installed).

AsianA408
07-08-2005, 06:01 PM
or even the fuse. if the turn indicators dont work

sandnessmj
12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Thread revival!

So my blinkers are doing this now. I tilt the lever, sometimes they blink a few times, and then stay steady, other times they just turn on steady without blinking at all.

Anyone have the part number for the relay I need?

*edit* I think I found it: 8D0 941 509 H

ahutch1
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
This just happened to me, I changed out the hazard relay today and everything works like it should. The part here in Tucson was $46 and change from the dealer and took maybe 5-10 mins for me to install. good luck.

-Alex

12-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Yup. It sounds like the relay. Its pretty cheap and installation is pretty simple.