PDA

View Full Version : Turbine housing question

grillhands
10-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey guys, quick question. I have a spa 5000 50trim turbo thats been sitting in my garage for the past couple months. It is a t3 housing with a 4 bolt downpipe. I want to use a 5 bolt turbine housing because it would be cheaper for me to just replace the entire hotside than have someone weld new flanges on my exhaust and all the other nonsense they add on to it. I also want to keep it 5 bolt just in case i have to switch to my old setup. Anyhow the turbine wheel is a 60.8mm inducer and 52mm exducer. My question is can this be interchangeable with other housings as long as it has the same measurement for the inducer? I found that the gt30r has the same 60mm inducer but it doesn't mention the exducer size. I'm not sure if the exducer wheel matters because it is usually always smaller than the inducer and is used to calculate the turbine ratio. Thanks for your help.

grillhands
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Anyone?

Seerlah
10-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Exhaust housings are in the range of $250. Not quite sure if it would be cheaper than having the flange changed on your downpipe (and tweeking to make it bolt up easily). What I would do if I were you is get the 2.5" 4 bolt to v-band adapter (if you have a 3" downpipe, then the 4 bolt 2.5" to 3" v-band would be perfect), and add a V-band to the downpipe.

grillhands
10-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, i thought of that but i have 2.5 exhaust. I've seen 4 bolt to 3in vband but not 4 bolt 2.5in. I might just go get it welded.