PDA

View Full Version : Podi Gauge Pod DOESN'T FIT

SIMPLXA4
10-20-2011, 09:31 PM
I bought a steering column gauge pod from Podi 6 days ago for my 97 Audi A4. On their site they list the steering column gauge pod to work with B5 Audi A4s which would be 96-01 I was installing the gauge pod today and know for a fact that the gauge pod will not work for a 97 Audi A4 the assembly is different. Do you guys have any tips on how to make the gauge pod work for a 97 Audi A4? If you do I would like to know so I can use the gauge pod that was supposed to work for 96-01 Audi A4s.
If in fact it doesn't work for a 97 Audi A4 Podi needs to correct the error and ad it to their site so other A4 owners don't buy the pod and find out they can't use it for their car.

coolgraymemo
10-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Was a part of the defective products? If it is, then it can be something you can sand down to make it fit.

If not, it may just be an error in shipping and handling. The Podi members on here should be able to help you out - they usually give great customer service.

Seerlah
10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Winston stands behind his products 100%, and he'll correct the issue. Just send him a PM. When I had difficulties with my sender unit for my oil pressure gauge, he sent out a replacement immediately at no extra charge. Basically, he has great custiomer service. You should have contacted him first before making this thread.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/member.php/6841-winston-podi.ca

SIMPLXA4
10-20-2011, 09:51 PM
^^ I didnt make the thread to complain about them but to get help on how I can make the gauge pod fit my prefacelift Audi A4. I searched around and have read that the gauge pod doesnt fit the prefacelift Audi A4 that it was made for the facelift A4 I was hoping to get input from members who possibly have a prefacelift A4 and have made the gauge pod work with their prefacelift A4
I firmly believe Podi makes a good product and plan on ordering more of their products.

Seerlah
10-20-2011, 09:54 PM
You should still send him a PM. If this is a common issue, then I am sure others have complained to him about it before. If that's the case, I'm sure he will know the answer and fix whatever issue he can.

biketsai
10-21-2011, 02:28 AM
If your steering column calls for one similar to the 96', I dont think it is going to work.

jaychen
10-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Stands by his products? I sent him two pm's and never got a reply. My remote doesn't work with my gauge and the peak is set at 15psi which is really annoying and I have no way to change it

vintagespin
10-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Stands by his products? I sent him two pm's and never got a reply. My remote doesn't work with my gauge and the peak is set at 15psi which is really annoying and I have no way to change it

Because PMs are the best way to contact a company with an email address and an 800 number.

biketsai
10-21-2011, 04:44 AM

You sure the remote doesnt work? Its kinda tricky, takes a couple tries to get it just right if you follow the directions.
I can vouch for these Podi guys, they solved my remote issue right away over the phone and even sent an email regarding directions on the fly.

SIMPLXA4
10-21-2011, 07:01 AM
If your steering column calls for one similar to the 96', I dont think it is going to work.
Yea I believe 96 and 97 are the same 98 through 01 are the same. Have you tried it on a 96?

gmx
10-21-2011, 07:40 AM

All housings are the same through 96-01.

You're probably thinking of the steering column spline (ie section that the wheel mounts to).

jaychen
10-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Because PMs are the best way to contact a company with an email address and an 800 number.

I can understand the email but im an international customer.

I followed the instructions, it doesn't work.

Seerlah
10-21-2011, 09:01 AM
When I sent a PM to Winston he replied. We even exchanged a couple PMs, to the point I needed to end up calling him. Talked to him on the phone for like 40 min about something else (setting up my LC-1), resolved my sender unit issue, etc. As I mentioned, great customer servive and he stood behind his products 100%. Try giving him a call.

vintagespin
10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I can understand the email but im an international customer.

I followed the instructions, it doesn't work.

I was on my phone, sorry, I didn't see your location. Still though, I'll see if I can get through to them to help you, they are stand up guys.

nofearhawk
10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Winston has gone out of his way to help many a forum member (including sending a package out 3 times to me that usps lost at his cost).

PM is probably the worst way to reach him, there's a couple of alternatives:

winston@podi.ca
1-800-861-PODI (7634)

He's replied to my emails to him at 2:30 am in the morning.

winston@podi.ca
10-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I bought a steering column gauge pod from Podi 6 days ago for my 97 Audi A4. On their site they list the steering column gauge pod to work with B5 Audi A4s which would be 96-01 I was installing the gauge pod today and know for a fact that the gauge pod will not work for a 97 Audi A4 the assembly is different. Do you guys have any tips on how to make the gauge pod work for a 97 Audi A4? If you do I would like to know so I can use the gauge pod that was supposed to work for 96-01 Audi A4s.
If in fact it doesn't work for a 97 Audi A4 Podi needs to correct the error and ad it to their site so other A4 owners don't buy the pod and find out they can't use it for their car.

We have had one other person tell us the B5 pod does not fit on their A4 due to owning a prefacelift version of the car, ironically that person is also a Podi Team member.

There is no way to make the pod fit your car, so please send it back to us for a refund. If you feel that we have been deceptive with our description of the product then I apologize as this is not the case, and I will edit the description to ensure other people with the prefacelift version of the B5 will be informed.

I will reply to your PM and forward you the details.

winston@podi.ca
10-21-2011, 11:13 AM

I apologize for missing your PM but my inbox gets swamped.

I will go look for it and find a way to get the remote fixed or replaced.

flynnr
10-21-2011, 11:35 AM
/ winning!

flynnr
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
hopefully the guys at awe will stand behind their product of mine that is currently broken lol

EuroDriven
10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
1997 is a bastard year. /story

jaychen
10-21-2011, 04:12 PM
I apologize for missing your PM but my inbox gets swamped.

I will go look for it and find a way to get the remote fixed or replaced.

Thanks!

I will email you as well if that is more suitable.