PDA

View Full Version : Odd sound when braking

CamrideA4
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM
When I'm coming to a stop I get a metal "tink" sound like something is moving just a slight bit. It happens when I first apply the brakes, if I let off and apply them again (while still slowing down) I will usually get the same sound, though a little quieter (like it's not moving quite as much). This has been going on for a few weeks and I just haven't had time to look at it beyond checking that everything is tight, and everything is.

Any idea what would cause that sound? It's only coming from the front left, and like I said all the carrier bolts and everything are tight (as well as the lug nuts). I'm not sure what would have enough freedom to make a sound like that yet not have any other issues. Braking is normal besides the sound.

walky_talky20
10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Probably just the pads jingling around a bit. Pretty common. Mine make a horrible racket when I go over potholes and such if I'm not on the brakes. I've yet to address it.

CamrideA4
10-20-2011, 10:14 AM
That could be it, but I've been running these rotors/pads for almost 2 years and they just started doing it recently. Maybe when I'm working on my FMIC install this weekend I'll pull the caliper off and see if anything has play.