PDA

View Full Version : Gonna swap the stock U.S. projectors for D2S headlights. Thoughts?

SN95Audi87
10-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I"m getting tired of blinding people with my 55w ddmtuning HID's in the stock projector housing (H7) style bulbs because I feel like I'm aggravating drivers at night. Especially when its raining like it is tonight, there has been countless times where people had to adjust their mirrors in their car because of the serious glare that is projected with these headlights despite them being a projector style headlight. You can tell these headlights were really designed for halogen style bulb [facepalm]. My plan is too get some D2S adapters + bulbs and headlight housing[:D]. The only thing is I really do not know much about the D2S style Audi A4 lights. What they say about them is that they are german projector plus you can run city lights if you want too, I think I will because its safer to have some type of DRL (daytime running lights). What are your thoughts on the D2S series headlights, or is there something better for daily driving. This car is my daily driver and I spend more seat time now then in my Mustang GT (spring/summer warrior). I would love to hear some educated responses.

I've searched about the topic but their wasn't any real juicy information, and I think not to many people run this headlight.

http://www.speedstersource.com/REDCOMETM3/HL_AU_A4_99_PRO_CHR.jpg

picture for reference

ThatA4T
10-19-2011, 06:42 PM
have u tried aiming your headlights down so the dont shine in peoples mirrors? u do realize they are adjustable?

SN95Audi87
10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
have u tried aiming your headlights down so the dont shine in peoples mirrors? u do realize they are adjustable?

Yeah they are adjustable, and will probably aim them lower but its still a band-aid to the problem. The HID's are so intense that the projector can't handle the light so glare is there. A better projector like the D2S will just cut off the light and keep where the light should shine, on the ground.

frameshift18
10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I've driven in a B5 with those exact headlights. Very well made, high quality. It was using OEM D2S 35w ballasts with Philips 4300k bulbs. Cutoff was sharp, with a light blue tint. Way better than the H7 projectors.

SN95Audi87
10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I've driven in a B5 with those exact headlights. Very well made, high quality. It was using OEM D2S 35w ballasts with Philips 4300k bulbs. Cutoff was sharp, with a light blue tint. Way better than the H7 projectors.

Thanks for your feedback. I was looking at pictures online and people were getting sharp cut off's with these projectors, exactly what I'm looking for!