PDA

View Full Version : Anybody playing with TunerPRO?

csosnowski
10-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Is there anyone here that is toying with the idea of tuning their own DBW ecu?

Im bumbling around with it trying to make sense of the maps and locations and what not and Im not having much success. Mostly since there is no readily availabe xdf definitions for the 4B0 906 018 P box.

The ecu is chipped with GIAC(?) but I would like to remove the SAIp and not get another code by coding it out. I already have an existing code for another issue that will be addressed shortly, but I hate that damn light haha.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Also, I have a 7.8% positive fuel trim for part throttle and a 1.6% at idle. What exactly does this translate into? I get neg deviation codes after doing pulls so Im pretty sure I have some boost leaks somewhere, just havent got around to pressure testing it yet.

Car runs pretty strong except for from about 4500-5k rpm on, just seems to run out of breath - maybe due to boost leak? stock TiP collapsing?

I am running the larger pushdown coils as well with a 0.040 gap which has smoothed out the performance greatly, but my gas mileage is very similar to my S4 if not worse which is weird too. Could vac lines (where I believe the boost leaks are) be the source of my degraded fuel economy?

Another bit of confusion for me is the appearance of my "stock" injectors: they look like the TT225 injectors pictured on europaparts, the ones with the extended metal tip, not the fully enclosed plastic ones that are supposedly stock. I suppose I can go look at the part number, but I was wondering if anyone had noticed this difference before?

Just looking for a little insight or some suggestions. Thanks!

turbo_bootin
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah I'm playing around with it. I've mainly been trying to figure out all the emissions stuff. I have a damos file for CH-box, but no .xdf unfortunately, so I've been trying to make one.

I tried to eliminate the code P0411 for SAI using this method. (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,567.0title,.html) It didn't work so I'm wondering if I screwed up the address calculations.

biketsai
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Just to let ya know, the K03s basically runs out of breath at 5k.

seanj130
10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Just to let ya know, the K03s basically runs out of breath at 5k.

Just keeping rubbing in your GT [>_<]

JWatson
10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Start snooping around nefmoto.com, everything you could ever hope to learn about tuning is there

csosnowski
10-18-2011, 05:54 PM
yeah Im on nefmoto, unfortunately theres not a lot of support for the NA 1.8t ATW engine. more for the AWM and european variants.

I looked at tony's method for calculating dtc table locations today, I must have forgotten about that lol. it would definately be easier to be able to see a value derived in a table. when I applied the S4's M box definition file the value at CDSLS was 5 so I didnt think that was right haha. tables dont quite match up lol.

Just to let ya know, the K03s basically runs out of breath at 5k

good to know, so basically theres about 2500rpm of power with k03 because theres virtually no power(tq) under 2-2.5k rpm? what about k04?

also any thoughts on the fuel trims or the strange looking injectors?

edit: re-read the dtc table procedure and heres what I found lol:

Any specific memory addresses mentioned are in relation to the MBox B5 S4 bin file which is also attached to this post for reference.

that would explain not being able to find them, the P box is only 512k while the M box is 1024k.

biketsai
10-18-2011, 06:28 PM
A K04 is similar but has a tad more lung capacity than the K03, not much though.

walky_talky20
10-18-2011, 07:27 PM
@csosnowski:

Your positive fuel trims and somewhat lazy higher RPM performance could be due to a dirty MAF. Have you logged it recently? I'll bet he is reading a little low. A boost leak would generally cause a negative fuel trim, because metered air is escaping causing higher than expected MAF values.

csosnowski
10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
@csosnowski:

Your positive fuel trims and somewhat lazy higher RPM performance could be due to a dirty MAF. Have you logged it recently? I'll bet she's reading a little low.

I haven't yet, but I will on your suggestion. I cleaned the MAF this spring, but around here they use crushed cinders on the road in winter so it might have buggered it up a bit. What sort of values would be considered 'normal'?

Thanks for the suggestion!

walky_talky20
10-18-2011, 07:33 PM
On a chipped K03, around 160 g/s at the top end of a 3rd gear WOT pull.

csosnowski
10-18-2011, 07:53 PM
On a chipped K03, around 160 g/s at the top end of a 3rd gear WOT pull.

ok, I will pull a log this weekend.

by any chance have you played with ecux with the 1.8t and had any success? or do i have to do it with vagcom?

walky_talky20
10-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Nope, although my buddy has it so I've been wanting to try it. My brother has a 2000 ATW and they tried it on his. Couldn't find a property file that worked. One of them that they tried actually made his car stall and wouldn't run until they unplugged it. They stopped trying after that, lol.

csosnowski
10-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Funny I had the same experience, car seemed to load up when ecux tried to start logging. Even though the property file says its for that ecu, vag152 IIRC.

Damn. I really like the resolution ecux has on my S4, its sweet. Oh well, Ill just do it with vagcom. Thanks again for the info and suggestion.

Have you looked at your brother's injectors? I am wondering if the PO had put in different ones since they dont look like the stock ones that I have seen, but they do look like the ones europaparts has listed for the TT225.

EDIT: does the positive fuel trim % mean that it is adding fuel or subtracting, I think I have seen it both ways and was confused.
also, went and took a look at my injectors and even though the resemble the tt225 ones with the extended tips, they flow 136cc less @ 3bar. so they seem in line with stock ones.

turbo_bootin
10-19-2011, 11:02 AM
that would explain not being able to find them, the P box is only 512k while the M box is 1024k.
is the P box Me7? It should be since it's DBW.

Seerlah
10-19-2011, 11:13 AM
There is a member on here (k0mpresd) that knows how to code out the SAI. He has a post floating around somewhere showing the coding he used. Maybe send him a PM for some help.

Edit: Found it: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/345495-how-to-permanently-delete-rear-o2-secondary-air-injection-dtc-s.?highlight=sai+delete

csosnowski
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
AH TY seerlah!

I've been looking for that post.

I have also worked with k0mpressed in the past with ecu problems and he's been very helpful.

Haven't been able to get ahold of him recently, he's probly busy though.

I'll look through my bin and see if I can work it out, I'd love to get rid of the piping on my wife's car finally.

Thanks again!

P.s. The p box is me7.5, or at least that's what me7check returns when checksumming the bin.