PDA

View Full Version : Help with tints

auh
10-15-2011, 10:34 PM
So I got my car tinted by a guy locally, did a great job on all of the windows except the rear one. Some bubbles have shown up and lets say it was the kinda back alley job that he doesn't warranty his work. I was asking my uncle if he knew anything about tints and he said its stuck on there and if I pull it off, off comes the rear defrosters with it. Is that true? Does anyone know how to get bubbles out of a one week old tint job and have it look nice?

coolgraymemo
10-15-2011, 10:38 PM
*tint

Some bubbles go away after a few weeks.

csosnowski
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
*tint

Some bubbles go away after a few weeks.

^this.

the tint has to cure for awhile for the installation spray to evaporate and the film to settle.

depending on the quality of film, the bubbles should disappear. if it is indeed a shitty job, it shouldnt pull the defroster off, but i could be mistaken. i dont think the adhesive is strong enough to detach the traces.

auh
10-16-2011, 01:24 AM
The small bubbles I'm not worried about disappearing, its the one inch air lines I'm worried about. I'll shoot some photos tomorrow to get some better opinions

dumpedb5
10-16-2011, 03:17 AM
You get what you pay for.

bez101
10-16-2011, 05:01 AM
it wont pull the defrost off
use a heat gun hairdryer on the out side to heat up to remove

murdered APR a4
10-16-2011, 06:21 AM
it wont pull the defrost off
use a heat gun hairdryer on the out side to heat up to remove

what he said, there are many ways to go about this, you can even use vinegar soaked paper towels and tape them to the tint and it will peel right off after an hour or so, or use the heat gun. I have never had the defrost come off when taking it off there.

Seerlah
10-16-2011, 08:06 AM
A professional would have placed the film on so that he would not have it seal against the defroster lines. The person who installed mine made it so that the film is not in contact with the defroster lines (they won't be damaged when the film is removed). Even though I had mine professionally done,there are very small bubble spots here and there (very few). I just got used to it, as I think it is still a very good job.