PDA

View Full Version : Had a hole in driver door shell fixed. now window won't go all the way down

dbarbau89
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
So, i just got my car back from having a hole in the driver door shell fixed. Now the window stops about 3 inches short of being all the way down. It just comes to a sudden stop. It sorta sounds like it hits an obstruction and can't go any further. I think the motor is still running at that point because i can see/hear a tremble. I will probably take it back in, but I was wondering if anyone knew what they could've screwed up for that to happen. The door wasnt damaged enough to for there to be any damage to the frame of the shell. It was only to the metal around the handle. So I don't understand what it could be. Are these symptoms of any possible failure in a part, or did they definitely screw something up?

colony7
10-11-2011, 08:51 PM
why dont you just take the door card off for yourself and see? it takes 30 seconds

bigblue
10-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Maybe some people don't like taking door cards off... I've rebuilt engines, done tranny swaps, clutches an everything you can imagine; taking door cards off is one of my least favorite things to do. I dunno what they couldve messed up unless they moved something around inside and forgot to put it back when they were repairing.

colony7
10-11-2011, 09:05 PM
well if youd rather rebuild an engine than remove 5 screws..... [hail] what im trying to say is no one can give him a definate answer without tearing it apart ourself

mysman
10-11-2011, 09:17 PM
If you dissemble the door, then you could own the problem. Bring it back to the body shop first.

ThatA4T
10-11-2011, 09:23 PM
did they weld up a hole in the door at about the spot the window is stopping? pics of the previous hole would be great. if they put something on the backside before welding the hole up, it could be obstructing the window from going down. pull the door panel off, seriously takes a total of 30 seconds

dbarbau89
10-12-2011, 11:06 AM
So, i popped off the door card today to take a look before taking it back to the shop. It was easy, just like you all said. When i took a look inside i found a black plastic block was blocking the window from going down all the way. Unfortunately, I put the card back on before i realized that the box was a tweeter. an a/d/s 335is? I then realized for the first time since owning the car that my lower door speaker don't function at all. So i was wondering if this part is for the stock speakers or if it was some aftermarket piece that was just left in there. I know absolutely nothing about audio. That's not my forte. the tweeter was not plugged into anything or mounted.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about this?

thanks

dbarbau89
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
It might not even be a tweeter. To be honest, i dont know what a tweeter is. but it is a 3x5 black box

dbarbau89
10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
ok it's actually a crossover unit, whatever that is lol