PDA

View Full Version : ST vs Vogtland

jturnbull
10-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Now that these are on sale which would you go with?
http://shop.achtuning.com/Vogtland-968382-Coilover-Kit-Audi-B5-A4-S4.aspx

coolgraymemo
10-07-2011, 06:44 PM
From what I understand, everyone likes/loves their ST's. Haven't heard any feedback from Vogtland.

I would go with what people like - ST's.

BlueHiddenSun
10-07-2011, 07:16 PM
From what I understand, everyone likes/loves their ST's. Haven't heard any feedback from Vogtland.

I would go with what people like - ST's.

This is true... but for us sorry saps in the Northeast we have, the much hated, road salt. When you combine that with steel (ST's) even with protectant, it's not a very good combination.

I have done a lot research and sifted through a lot of ST Coilover threads, and granted, a lot of people are using them it all depends on personal preference.

For the price.... the ST's just can't be touched. They are exactly the same as the KW V1's (except steel vs. stainless housing) at just a fraction of the cost.

IMO, if I am going to spend $799 on a set of CO's, I will pony up the extra $$$ for the KW V1's and go with the Stainless housings. My B7 is a daily driver and NY DOT abuses these roads with excessive salt in the winter (overkill sometimes) and for peace of mind, I would feel better riding on the V1's. With the amount of miles I have put on it so far, this car will be with me way passed 100k miles.

I know you weren't considering KW V1's, but I know more about them then the Vogtland's. Hope this helps.[wrench]

jturnbull
10-07-2011, 07:54 PM
From the picture I believe the vogtlands also have a galvanized body like the STs so salt is gonna be an issue for both. Being from CT I would just use a shit ton of anti seize