PDA

View Full Version : Fitment question

fbdohc
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Will a b5 wagon REAR/FRONT doors will fit on a b5 sedan ?

walky_talky20
10-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Firstly, there are no B5 "wagons"....Eeww. They are "Avants" and they are way cool, bro. lol.

Secondly, this is "as far as I know", having taken apart a B5 door before, consulted ETKA, and studied some photos, but never having unbolted avant doors.

The front doors are the same, direct swap.

The rear door skins are the same, but the window frame and door "inner panel" are different. Obviously due to the different profile of the door and the different glass shape. Luckily, the design of our doors is pretty much genius, and you can swap a door from Avant to Sedan style in a few minutes. You would swap the door innards, window frame, glass, window motor, regulator, etc, all in one shot from door to door. It is all held in by just 4 bolts.

So if your rear doors are just damaged in the lower, painted portion, but the window and frame is ok and nothing is bent then you are golden. However, if somebody done *stole* your doors, then no, the rears won't work unless you find the top portion from a sedan. Also bear in mind the pre/post facelift differences in regards to trim. It seems to me you could "upgrade" to facelift doors at this moment if you had an older car. You'd just be changing a piece of fender trim on each side.

fbdohc
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Really ? i Can swap the upper frame of the door ? That's good !! I'll go that way then.
Thanks a lot for you complete answer once again, a yeah sorry.... avants *cough* ... its a french term we use sometimes