PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any fun street race stories?

immortal_zeus
04-15-2005, 03:15 AM
NOTE: I'm sure nobody here condones street racing but it's just a thing that happens spontaneously sometimes. Drive safely. [:)]

I absolutely smoked some dude in a modified Prelude (I know--that ain't sayin' much) tonight. I mean, it was really pathetic. The thing is, I wouldn't have even bothered had it not been for him riding my ass at a stoplight and once we got onto H1. I won't even bother going into the details cause I feel ashamed for even mentioning it. [:p] Then again, I rarely get a chance to drive on the freeway (since I live and work in town) so it was a nice chance to actually utilize a gear higher than 3rd. [:D]

808a41.8t
04-15-2005, 02:11 PM
i murdered a matrix last night. wasnt even a race.. kind of like what happened to you. he kept pacing me and tailing me, and then he downed it next to me.. usually i wouldnt care, but the dude in the passenger seat kept looking at me so i downed it and passed him like nothing. felt bad for the guy...

G_A4
04-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
NOTE: I'm sure nobody here condones street racing but it's just a thing that happens spontaneously sometimes. Drive safely. [:)]

I absolutely smoked some dude in a modified Prelude (I know--that ain't sayin' much) tonight. I mean, it was really pathetic. The thing is, I wouldn't have even bothered had it not been for him riding my ass at a stoplight and once we got onto H1. I won't even bother going into the details cause I feel ashamed for even mentioning it. [:p] Then again, I rarely get a chance to drive on the freeway (since I live and work in town) so it was a nice chance to actually utilize a gear higher than 3rd. [:D]
thats what im talking about nice kill... [up]
what mods do have?

immortal_zeus
04-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by G_A4
thats what im talking about nice kill... [up]
what mods do have?

Nothing special....yet. [;)]

APR chip
Neuspeed exhaust
Neuspeed short shifter
Sticker that says "Powered by Honda" (just kidding) [:p]

After my rims, tires, and coilovers come in (hopefully soon!) I plan on getting some downpipes--probably Labrees. [:)]

808S4DRVR
04-15-2005, 03:32 PM

[:D] [:D]

G_A4
04-15-2005, 05:56 PM

APR chip
Neuspeed exhaust
Neuspeed short shifter

After my rims, tires, and coilovers come in (hopefully soon!) I plan on getting some downpipes--probably Labrees. [:)]
i see the stage 3 K04's in the near future... [up] [:D]

immortal_zeus
04-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by G_A4
i see the stage 3 K04's in the near future... [up] [:D]

...or the GT28RS. [:D]

This morning when I was coming into work, this fool in a silver neon was tailing me. It was dropped with rims, exhaust, aftermarket hood, and what looked to be an aftermarket spoiler. I'm fairly positive it wasn't an SRT-4 because the guy had his left arm hanging out the window the whole time (i.e., no manual transmission) and I think the SRT-4 only comes with a manual tranny. I didn't even bother with this guy. [rolleyes]

I don't know if it's the S4 badge or the color of my car that's attracting these fools. I don't want to take off the badge and I sure as hell am not going to paint my car.

HIstateS8
04-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Haha, ever since, I bought my S recently. I've been called out a lot. Too me it's not worth the effort of wasting my gas, since prices gone higher. These guys just don't have a clue.

Zeus = i think GT28RS turbos won't fit in a B5 S4. The K04s just barely fit.

immortal_zeus
04-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by HIstateS4
Haha, ever since, I bought my S recently. I've been called out a lot. Too me it's not worth the effort of wasting my gas, since prices gone higher. These guys just don't have a clue.

Yeah, but I only need to fill up like once every week and a half or two weeks cause it's only like 4 miles one way to work...so when I get a chance to get onto H1, I like to go fast. [:D] But yeah, I guess some people are just clueless as to the limits of their own cars...or to the performance of other peoples' cars.

Zeus = i think GT28RS turbos won't fit in a B5 S4. The K04s just barely fit.

Oh really? (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44894) [;)]

HIstateS8
04-15-2005, 11:09 PM
That's very interesting. I'd like to see some install pics.

Jesse S.
04-18-2005, 05:35 AM
i was merging from Nimitz back onto H1, I merged pretty quickly and i came up on a silver Evo8. I guess he noticed me going a little fast and kept pace with me. I decided to kick it up a notch so I gave it a little go. We were pretty even until about 90 or so. Then I slowed down cuz I usually don't drive that fast with passengers.

boysan
04-19-2005, 12:36 AM
With tiptronic and no chip, my car is too slow to race anyone except certain minivans and maybe a Prius here and there [=(]

immortal_zeus
04-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Jesse S.
i was merging from Nimitz back onto H1, I merged pretty quickly and i came up on a silver Evo8. I guess he noticed me going a little fast and kept pace with me. I decided to kick it up a notch so I gave it a little go. We were pretty even until about 90 or so. Then I slowed down cuz I usually don't drive that fast with passengers.

Those damn EVOs are fast. Haven't had any run-ins with them but I'd think it'd be a good match. Assuming, of course, that I don't have any passengers to weigh me down. [:D]

immortal_zeus
04-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by boysan
With tiptronic and no chip, my car is too slow to race anyone except certain minivans and maybe a Prius here and there [=(]

Clear bra, tiptronic, no chip....we need to do an EXTREME MAKEOVER. [;)]

boysan
04-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Clear bra, tiptronic, no chip....we need to do an EXTREME MAKEOVER. [;)]

LOL![:p] Send over the Extreme Team!

G_A4
04-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by boysan
LOL![:p] Send over the Extreme Team!
yes its time... [drive] [:D]

immortal_zeus
04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Here's a funny one...on the way in to work this morning, somebody in a silver Nissan Quest tried to race me (I didn't even bother to look at the driver). At the stoplight on Kapiolani, the dude went WOT (my windows were down so I could hear that he slammed on the gas). So, of course, not one to back down from a good fight (haha), I floored it and a couple seconds later looked in my rearview mirror to see that he had changed lanes and got behind me. LOL He turned onto the street where BMW is so it could've been the BMW shuttle or something. Like I said, I didn't even bother really looking.

Audi S4 - 1
Nissan Quest - 0

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ed/laugh.gif

HIstateS8
04-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Soccer moms are getting crazier every year.[drive] [:D]

Jesse S.
04-27-2005, 05:53 AM

and then that soccer mom with the porsche cayenne turbo chipped blows right by you.. [:D]

G_A4
04-27-2005, 12:50 PM
soccer moms are pretty nuts. [:D]

immortal_zeus
04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Jesse S.
and then that soccer mom with the porsche cayenne turbo chipped blows right by you.. [:D]

I think a stock Cayenne Turbo will give some hard rubs...I think that thing does 0-60 in 5.0 seconds or so. [eek] No SUV has any business being that fast. [:p] But actually, the Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG is slightly faster than the Cayenne Turbo. [eek]