PDA

View Full Version : 24psi!?!?!?!

G-low
04-14-2005, 09:21 PM
ok so ive been having all sorts of wierd problems with my car latley. it doesnt seem to end
my boost guage crapped out ordered a new one and it came today and figured i would go out and see if it works[;)]
i am k04'd from awe and its normall to spike 20ish and then hold 18psi right??? and now for some reason i can hit 24-25psi and hold it. if im on the highway i can spike to 22ish but then for some reason when the boost should settle it actually climbs slowly to 25psi
i dont get it
im also at 15-18hg while idle or engine breaking but it used to sit at 20hg at idle and drop below 20 when i was cruzing in gear off the gas
anyone have any ideas???

bitterchild
04-14-2005, 09:28 PM
you gauge is off by 4psi/mmHg

OutkastSL
04-14-2005, 09:34 PM
it could be the guage, but you need to consider the weather and climate too. i don't know how it is in ct, but once it gets warm, you typically need to build more boost to make the same amount of power when it's really cold. cold air=dense air. i think that is what you are experiencing.

personally on my k04, at night i will easily spike to 25psi and hold at 18psi. it's an awe k04 with the supplied software for an aeb engine, hyberboost hx and neuspeed exhaust. stock intercooler, injectors, and n75. during the day i'll spike to about 22-23psi.

bitterchild
04-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I think boost pressure would stay the same, power would be reduced. The software is looking for boost levels, not power levels

derek2079
04-14-2005, 10:51 PM
it has happened to other people before may not be your boost gauge they are pretty damn accuarate

research this i remember reading about this happening to somone before

G-low
04-15-2005, 06:39 AM
it better not be the guage its new

the thing is i dont spike 25 i hit 22 and climb to 25

EuroA4
04-15-2005, 07:07 AM
what kind of gauge is it?

G-low
04-15-2005, 07:54 AM
like brand? its an autometer

EuroA4
04-15-2005, 08:22 AM
get an Omori gauge from AWE

G-low
04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
yeah that doesnt really help me

drlandry00
04-15-2005, 12:25 PM
no no no,, if it is autometer, is it the electronis one, that has the peak and little red light that comes on when you hit your set psi?? if so, it is the gauge that is off.. I had the same one. the trick is to have it powered by your ignition, you can just tap off the vag com port under the steering colum.. if the gauge is not on when the car is trying to turn over when you turn it on, then the readings are off by like 5-10 psi or vac... I had the same problem. it said i was boosting at like 14psi before my GIAC chip... if you have any questions pm me. I know exactly what is wrong.. i had the same problem 2 weeks ago..

edit: if the autometer gauge has a little box that the vac hose plugs into and then has wires that connect the actual gauge to that little box the vac line goes into, you problem is the power wire... i cna elaborate into detail if you need..

G-low
04-15-2005, 04:15 PM
i do not have any of these things you are speaking of no light no box its a Zseries its pretty sinple it just shows vac/boost

OverSpun
04-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
I think boost pressure would stay the same, power would be reduced. The software is looking for boost levels, not power levels

no, you're wrong.. in colder weather the car will boost less, and hotter weather it'll boost more. thats how it works. i had a boost gauge in my last car and saw it all the time.

HotSauce
04-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild

Up til 00+, the car didn't know how much it was boosting, it had no boost pressure sensor on board...The software is not looking for anything, as it has no means by which to do it.