PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation for my Car

ChrisAudi
04-13-2005, 07:34 PM
So my dad drives a 96 Camry, my mom an 03 MDX. My car is in the shop til tomorrow since I blew the boost line. Its such an inconvenience not having a car, even for me a teen. But this has given my a greater appreciation for my car. The camry is such a terrible car. The wheel is all unbalanced, its loud, brakes suck, the headlights from other cars seem all bright, and there is no convenience features, it idles all rough, theres no power, it sits high, speakers suck, smells like smoke...Everything. I love my Audi - even when it is in the shop

jent
04-13-2005, 07:38 PM
it is always greener on the other side....untill your on the other side ;-)

skaterjay85
04-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Just wait until you sit back in your car, it'll feel like you went from a lawn chair to a lazy boy

DRA4
04-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I know your feeling, sometimes i don't drive my car for like 2 days, and then when i drive it, it feels like new.

Yuikio
04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I went from a new Scion tC to a 99 A4 and the Audi is quieter, smoother, faster, rides better, handles better, gets the same mileage and has heated seats and quattro. The Scion had neither. Also, the shifter felt like Legos and the car rattled and buzzed incessantly.
People that buy Japanese cars either care more about price than quality, or want to make a shitbox fast for cheap.

ak_a4
04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
I was thinking of selling my car and getting an RSX. I went a drove an RSX and i hated it. It was loud, uncomfortable, didn't like the clutch feels, and it was cheap feeling. I never wanted to sell my audi again. You get used to it and you don't realize how nice they really are. Love my a4, even if it is slow(er)

BLUEisFASTER
04-13-2005, 09:28 PM
its like comparing apples to oranges...

but i drove a 1990 camry 4 door passed down from my mom during high school up until this past november when i bought my A4. i personally put 100k on the camry and ended up giving it to a relative with 243,000 miles on it. in times of empty pockets (17-25 yrs old) the camry was priceless!!

...still wouldnt trade the audi for anything!!

boosteda4
04-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Tell me about appreciation.. haha.. I got an offer for $4,300 more than what i paid for my car!! and turned it down.. (Audis arent common where im at in Cali) I LOVE MY CAR!

lilegbeaner16
04-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I love my Audi, but Toyotas arent that bad IMO, both my parents own Toyotas, and I dont mind driving them when I have to. They dont ride that bad, or feel that bad, I got used to my moms after a day, but of course I LOVED going back the Audi

boosteda4
04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
hahah, yeh.. My sister owns a scion tc and my mom owns a camry... they are both ok cars.... =D