PDA

View Full Version : Audio Question

b0d0m
04-13-2005, 02:05 AM
I have a 98.5 A4 with the Bose package, and I recently upgraded the front speakers and the rear deck speakers with Infinity Kappas. They do sound better, but there still isn't enough power. I have a current idea of what I want to do with my setup, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea or if it makes sense. I would add a 520W 4 channel amp and power the front door speakers and the rear deck speakers, and then add a "10 sub as well. I would disable the rear door speakers as one is blown, and I've heard that having just good rear deck speakers and front door speakers with a lot of power works fine.

How much of a difference will I notice with an amp and should I just remove the rear door speakers, or should I still have them connected to the Bose amp? Also, how hard would this whole process be? I'd prob have a pro do it. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm kinda confused myself. Thanks.

agravic 2.0
04-13-2005, 02:50 AM
the front door speakers aren't driven properly because they are a higher impedence than the bose speakers. 4ohms compared to ~1.5ohm. elminated the bose amp completely is best.

ideally all you need is front speakers but in a car where space is limited, having rear "fill" is good.

i'd just used the line level outputs from the HU and drive a 5 or 6 channel amp.

depends on what you want to spend.

i do installs in socal and most people think front components and rear coaxial speakers are enough. some spring for a sub as well to bring out the lower frequencies. (depends what you listen too as well)

remember components, brands, and what not is nothing unless its installed and tuned right.

what type of music do you listen to? and how much do you want to spend?

are you using front door speaker adapters?

b0d0m
04-13-2005, 03:41 AM
I listen to mostly metal, so a sub isn't a big factor. Actually, I highly doubt I get a sub any time soon. Looks like I would just run an amp and power the front door speakers and rear deck speakers judging by what you are saying.

As far as the front door tweeters go, I still have the Bose ones, and they seem to still sound fine. Would you recomend switching them out? And how do you power those as far as adding an amp goes? Thanks for the help so far. Much appreciated.

SeanF
04-13-2005, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by agravic 2.0
ideally all you need is front speakers but in a car where space is limited, having rear "fill" is good.

agreed, but for the sake of your backseat passangers, at least keep some rear sound..

b0d0m
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
So I'd be better off just getting rid of the rear door speakers then keeping them hooked up to the Bose amp?