PDA

View Full Version : Matte white Audi A6 (ex Phantom Black)

ikotua
09-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Took only 3 days to complete.

http://www.tinyurl.com/3bllywq

SinCityA6
09-04-2011, 02:27 PM
I guess the reason for this escapes me. Maybe it is costs less than repainting the car, but if I wanted a certain color I would have bought it to begin with or paid the money to completely repaint the car (door jams and under hood to match). This must be a growing trend in Europe since I have see a few of these changes posted from overseas members.

JPJ2007
09-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Another reason is paint protection. Ive seen a few people get the car detailed by a local who is AMAZing, then vynl the car so in a few years pull it off, and it's still like new paint....

I hope to buy a used lambo or ferrari within 10 years. And I plan on doing just this, for the reason I stated.

ikotua
09-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I've actually purchased it at a price that I couldn't resist and didn't get to choose the color...

MainlandMig
09-05-2011, 10:23 AM
I love white but would NEVER get matte white vinyl wrap... i seen a benz w white matter wrap and the wrap yellowed and it looked awful...not sure if it was cheap plastic or if the wrap develops small surface scratches and small dirt/debris gets in there and really makes it look bad.

i plan on having my C6 for a long time and I hope to try matte black on my C6 in the future... would love a change and get a chance to protect the paint.

ikotua
09-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I love white but would NEVER get matte white vinyl wrap... i seen a benz w white matter wrap and the wrap yellowed and it looked awful...not sure if it was cheap plastic or if the wrap develops small surface scratches and small dirt/debris gets in there and really makes it look bad.

i plan on having my C6 for a long time and I hope to try matte black on my C6 in the future... would love a change and get a chance to protect the paint.

It all depends on the film and how often you wash it *I now have to wash it twice p/week :)

jibril_s
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSsofz-hZQI

whehd79
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
hummmm....
Not so attractive for me..
It will def. keep the paint clean.
Matt black? makes me consider though.