PDA

View Full Version : Badges? We don't need no stinking Badges!

SinCityA6
08-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Ok all. Here is my delima....... I am thinking of removing the A6 and the 3.0t badges off the rear of my car. I am also thinking about going Black Rings on the trunk in place of the chrome. The last badge I was thinking of doing is replacing the front chrome Rings with color matched painted rings in Ibus white (ordering the black ones and having them painted). I think this will look pretty sick but wanted some feedback. Your thoughts and pics if anyone has done something similar would be greatly appreciated.

Ynnekdude
08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I debadged my rear A6 and 3.0T. Just used a hair dryer and some waxed floss and they came right off. Then used some Goo-Gone and polish to remove any residue/ghosting.

Personally, I would keep the front rings as is since they match the grill surround.

Unleaded20T
08-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I think black rings would look sick on your car, especially if you have black front grill.

305Supercharged
08-13-2011, 04:20 PM
I believe all the 3.0T's have debadged their rear "A6" and "3.0T" =p..it just looks so much cleaner.

Personally on your car, especially it being Ibis White, I'd go with black rings on the back and keep the front ones the way they are.

SinCityA6
08-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. So here is my decision....I am going to debadge the "A6" and the "3.0t" and go with the black rings on the trunk. I am going to get a set of the black front rings and paint them Ibus white. Then I will take photos of both the chrome and white rings installed and let fellow AZ'ers decide which ones stay.

Ynnekdude, I have spent most of today (Saturday) reading all your posts. Hope you don't mind, but I am going to be using your car as a template for my mods. Needless to say, I have learned alot from you. I have family in the Chicagoland area so maybe someday I will do a spirited run through the Rockies, visit them and meet up with you to compare results.

nedrager
08-14-2011, 02:20 AM
My Arctic White:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/NedRager/P1000813.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/NedRager/P1000814.jpg

Ynnekdude
08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. So here is my decision....I am going to debadge the "A6" and the "3.0t" and go with the black rings on the trunk. I am going to get a set of the black front rings and paint them Ibus white. Then I will take photos of both the chrome and white rings installed and let fellow AZ'ers decide which ones stay.

Ynnekdude, I have spent most of today (Saturday) reading all your posts. Hope you don't mind, but I am going to be using your car as a template for my mods. Needless to say, I have learned alot from you. I have family in the Chicagoland area so maybe someday I will do a spirited run through the Rockies, visit them and meet up with you to compare results.

Fine by me! [:D]

fdot
08-20-2011, 07:52 AM
what i wanted to do was the same, tint my tails, paint the rear rings black and paint the front ones white and black out the red supercharged badge

kennoli
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
what i wanted to do was the same, tint my tails, paint the rear rings black and paint the front ones white and black out the red supercharged badge

My rings in the front are painted black also. I smoked the orange lights in the front bumper . My supercharged emblems are carbon fiber.

fdot
08-20-2011, 01:04 PM
yeah for some reason my 2012 they made them red... doesn't really go well

fdot
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
i used some vinyl to temporarily change mine

SinCityA6
08-22-2011, 02:54 PM

Ok, the "3.0t" and tha "A6 are gone. Matte black rings for rear and one for the front (to be painted) on order. Thanks Yannekdude for the tip on removal. Very easy.