PDA

View Full Version : 2006 A6 4.2l ECU PERFORMANCE TUNE & COLD AIR INTAKE?

aessis
08-09-2011, 06:44 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A COMPANY THAT MAKES ECU PERFORMANCE TUNES AND COLD AIR INTAKES FOR MY CAR? I FOUND A COMPANY THAT WILL CUSTOM MANUFACTURE THE COLD AIR INTAKE AND THEY SELL A PES TUNING CHIP.

Kevin1
08-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Unitronic and APR make ECU tunes.

aessis
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
ANY EXPERIENCE WITH EITHER OF THEM?

OOOOS4
08-10-2011, 02:30 AM
I got Unitronic on my B7 RS4 and I like it

aessis
08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Unitronic Chip Tune getting done on Friday.

aessis
08-13-2011, 08:33 PM
I did the Unitronic Stage 1 Flash for my C6 A6 (4.2L V8). Its GREAT! With the Unitronic flash, the throttle response is so much better. You can really feel it pull the whole way from start to red line. The >4K RPM range is amazing. The engine really pulls all the way to redline. I would definitely recommend this tune to anyone. I only did it on friday so I can not say the improvement in fuel economy, but the car really feels even smoother. I did the tune with a exhaust change to Magnaflow (deleted factory resonators and did 2.5" pipe with an x pipe and magnaflow mufflers) and together its great. For anyone who is thinking about getting this software, I would highly recommend taking the leap! The car will feel much better, the power will be more linear and you will be grinning while driving and long after.

dufferdude
08-13-2011, 10:29 PM
How much did the unitronic cost you? theres a shop in north seattle that wants to charge an extra $45 to make sure your car can handle the chip, this is what they told me,
Yes, we are a Unitronic dealer. It looks like the Unitronic Stage 1 flash will bump up you up to 369hp, and 336 lb-ft torque fro about $650+tx. We do not charge labor to flash the car, but we do need to check it over to be sure that there are no pre-existing conditions that might be aggravated by adding more power to your car ($45+tx). Are there any other modifications to your car?

Really?

aessis
08-14-2011, 05:52 AM
That's crap. The guy I went to charged me 500 (with tax). It took him 25 minutes. The unitronic site has msrp @ 550. The only problem there could be is if u had a previous tune from someone else like APR. He said they do something to lock the ecu so no one else can tune your car. My opinion would be to find someone else even if it means u have to drive a little. Good luck

AudiA4_20T
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
How much did the unitronic cost you? theres a shop in north seattle that wants to charge an extra $45 to make sure your car can handle the chip, this is what they told me,
Yes, we are a Unitronic dealer. It looks like the Unitronic Stage 1 flash will bump up you up to 369hp, and 336 lb-ft torque fro about $650+tx. We do not charge labor to flash the car, but we do need to check it over to be sure that there are no pre-existing conditions that might be aggravated by adding more power to your car ($45+tx). Are there any other modifications to your car?

Really?

I've worked at a shop that does Unitronic and this is basically their way of making the install charge look better