PDA

View Full Version : A6 4.2L 2005 Service Light Issues (Fog Light)

Mr. 4.2L
08-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi to all...

I just changed my fog light (cracked lens) with an OEM replacement from the dealer. However, ever since I made the switch, the service light keeps lighting up saying ''right side-passenger day light''. I'm guessing there is a reset that needs to be done. If not, please let me know what you might think it is. Could it be the light itself is defective?

Thanks for your help.

SinCityA6
08-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Does it come on shortly after startup or only when you turn on the fogs? You may need to have the trouble code cleared.

Mr. 4.2L
08-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks for your help. Ends up my passenger side day light was on its way out. I just replaced it and now everything is perfect. I guess it was a coincidence that it went exactly when I changed my fog light. $4 fix that really got me worked up.

whehd79
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Does it come on shortly after startup or only when you turn on the fogs? You may need to have the trouble code cleared.

Hey, sincity.

I have replaced my fog light to S6 drl light.
Ever since, the fog light error code comes up when I turn it on, not when start the engine.
Do you have any idea since you mentioned the two different circumstances.
Thanks.

SinCityA6
08-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Hey, sincity.

I have replaced my fog light to S6 drl light.
Ever since, the fog light error code comes up when I turn it on, not when start the engine.
Do you have any idea since you mentioned the two different circumstances.
Thanks.

Chances are, there is some incompatibility with the resistance on the new DRL light which throws the code when you turn on the light. Do you have DRLs as a feature already? If not, Did you replace the fog light or merely add the DRL and use the fog light wiring for power? If you dont have DRLs as a stock feature and are using the fog light wiring, I suggest you wire the fog lights back up, add the DRLs to the harness and enable the DRLs through VAG-COM. That is what I am going to do when I add my LEDs.