PDA

View Full Version : Ooops, need help restoring factory default in VAG-COM

jjvegas
07-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Soooo, I was trying to make my LEDs stay on while the headlights are on and I was looking through the menus to do this. I made sure to record the original codes when I updated the LED code ( which worked great), but somehow when I was looking through the menus, a code was changed ( I swear I did not click the " Do it" button) and now my fuel filler door opens everytime I unlock the car and door beep beep is gone when locking and unlocking. I would restore the code, but I am not sure even where to begin.

Help, please!

BTW, I still did not get the seat belt chime off. I think I was a little gun shy after the mistake.

jjvegas
07-23-2011, 04:39 AM
ok, so now I have also discovered that my little mistake has rendered the sunroof useless and my fuel filler door release does not work, I have to press UNLOCK on keyfob or car to pop the fuel door.

Seriously, there is nobody on here that has an idea? I read through hundreds of posts a week and am amazed at what people are able to discover.

Come on! I could really use the help.

chuckee98
07-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Not sure what you did, but this is what I did:

In Central Electronics: original coding = 0115123, new coding = 0115121 (LEDs for ROW). This was for an '08. If you changed something in a different menu, then I would have no clue.

If you decide to do the seat belt chime:

In Instrument Cluster: original coding = 2129288, new coding = 2129208

Write down when the original code was before changing anything just in case.

GL

jjvegas
07-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I was in a different menu, just exploring. I swear I did not change a setting intentionally. I wonder if I could start over and restore all the factory defaults. Then I could carefully make the changes I want.

Anybody know how to restore factory defaults?

chuckee98
07-25-2011, 05:33 PM
You probably have seen this, but in case you haven't:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Diagnostic_Procedures#Audi

I would send an e-mail to ross-tech - they may be able to point you in the right direction.

jjvegas
07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Good tip. I contacted Ross Tech, they said send them before and after scans and they should be able to decifer what was changed.

Thanks.

jjvegas
07-31-2011, 06:17 PM
So after talking at length with Ross-Tech, I learned that that I could look up the logs from my previous scan in the VCDS/debug/log/coding.

I found the code that I accidentally switched, I switched it back. Voila! problem solved.