PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 HeadShield

AudisInMyBlood
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I've searched and nothing, Has anyone made there own or has any ideas on how to make you're own? I'm asking because I recently just bought an air intake and people have told me it's something I should look into. Would like any opinions.

anmagro
06-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I've searched and nothing, Has anyone made there own or has any ideas on how to make you're own? I'm asking because I recently just bought an air intake and people have told me it's something I should look into. Would like any opinions.

I dont know whats wrong with your search but it should come up about 3 million times. Buy listen, i have the the 2.8 as well, if your going to do an intake, the filter cannot lay anywhere inside the engine bay. Even if you make the best 'heatshield' ever seen its not going to do any better than the stock system. the only true 'upgrade' for the 2.8 and ushually intakes in general is one of two things. 1) an air tight type sheild that allows in almost zero hot engine bay air (like the stock setup) or 2) a true cold air intake that places the filter outside of the engine bay either behind the second firewall (where the battery goes) or in the lower portion of the front bumper (which is much easier to do with something like an RS4 or S4 bumper than it is with the smaller A4 bumper) where it can suck in cold air directly from outside the car.

I have a short ram intake style and let me tell you...i can feel the power drop in summer months as i suck in pipe'in hot air from the engine.....and i have a pretty good sheild i made that wraps flush all the way from under that headlight to flush against the first fire wall; sealed at the top, and another sheild in the enclosed area laying down flush with the ground.

Hope this helps, search some more and tell us what you find. [wrench]

AudisInMyBlood
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
What I found when I searched was for 1.8t, I'm not about power at all, I'm all about appearence and sound, not power/speed.

somebody5788
06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/432594-034Motorsport-X34-Cold-Air-Intake-for-A4-2.8L-V6

AudisInMyBlood
06-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks Somebody! Now Thread closed! haha

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/432594-034Motorsport-X34-Cold-Air-Intake-for-A4-2.8L-V6