PDA

View Full Version : What can possibly be raddling?

Armenian
05-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, i have a quick Q.

I had a bad flex pipe and the car was making a lot of noise, I just fixed the pipe yesterday and now it seems like there is a raddling sound coming from under the car when pressing on the gas pedal. can this be from the Cat Shields or what else can i be looking at to fix the issue? I tried tapping on the shields at the bottom i didnt really notice anything.. it raddles on like 1st and 2nd gear mainly

Thanks

powersmokin
05-23-2011, 04:56 PM
did you replace the whole down pipe or just the flex pipe i put a whole new down pipe on mine an aftermarket one from ecs and the bend was off from OEM and the pipe was hitting the body of the car look at that if not it could be a heat shield

Armenian
05-23-2011, 07:22 PM
no i just replaced the flex pipe part without anything else, actually i think the sound was coming prior to the replacement its just that it was so loud with the flex pipe torn that it was hard to hear it. I guess it is the heat shield, it makes the car sound soo shitty lol I will try to get under it and see if i can adjust anything, i just didnt know if there is anything else involved in this..

Thanks