PDA

View Full Version : weird stalling issue

qo0v
05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I drive a 2001 1.8T quattro, and for about 2 weeks now if I brake hard coming to a stop sign or red light my car will just turn off. It loses all power as if i turned the key to the off position, and then the cars electronics will start working again after 2 or 3 seconds and I just have to restart the car and it will run fine. It doesn't happen all the time and when it does happen its not giving me any codes. I had my abs module rebuilt around a year ago, but without any codes i can't figure out why this is happening? if anyone has any insight where i should start please let me know.

walky_talky20
05-22-2011, 09:32 AM
How many miles? What are your additive and multiplicative long term fuel trims (vag-com block 032)? This sounds like a possible MAF or vacuum leak problem.

Audifile
05-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Sounds to me like a loose ground or other wire issue...if you were just stalling out and the electronics continued to function then something else...IDK Good luck, I HATE elctrical problems...knock, knock, knock on wood

qo0v
05-22-2011, 11:46 AM
im not really sure how to find what youre asking for, but i think this may be it? i went to OBD-II on the main screen ... Mode 1 Read Data ... and then i did...

07: Long Term Trim - Bank 1 **> -3.9%
04: Calculated Load Value **> 1.2%
16: Mass Air Flow **> 1.75 - 2 g/s

sorry if thats not what you're looking for... I'm not really sure how to use vag-com for anything except reading codes.

qo0v
05-22-2011, 12:07 PM
I also have had this noise for a while which I can't really figure out either, I'm not sure if it is related to the problem or something different...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n--U3bXlRM

qo0v
05-24-2011, 09:02 PM
anyone have suggestions?