PDA

View Full Version : In need of some Aussie help!!! B5 S4!

NogaroWonda00
05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,

I am looking to find a used 01E Quattro transmission somewhere locally in Austraillia...

I am having a company out there build a set of straight-cut gears.. So if you guys could keep an eye out for a used trans that would be great! It isn't going to be cost effective for me to send an 01E from the states out there, so it would greatly help my single turbo s4 build if I could buy a used one down under!

Thanks in advance! My email is: C Zumo 17 at g mail dot com

gmx
05-20-2011, 03:40 PM
PPG?

Be cheaper to get a 01E from Europe (UK & Germany).
Any 01E here for sale, the vendor will think they're on a goldmine. There are only serveral manual allroads in the country. And only 5 S4s for sale as I write this. In the last 4 years, I've only seen one S4 parted out (again, the seller thought he had the holy grail of damaged of artefacts)

NogaroWonda00
05-23-2011, 02:14 PM
http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/

I guess I was seeing how common b5 s4's are around there.... I have not found any real alternatives for this type of build. PPG has lots of experience in this area so I need to find a way to get an 01E to them, however that might be..

Scotty@Advanced
06-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking to find a used 01E Quattro transmission somewhere locally in Austraillia...

I am having a company out there build a set of straight-cut gears.. So if you guys could keep an eye out for a used trans that would be great! It isn't going to be cost effective for me to send an 01E from the states out there, so it would greatly help my single turbo s4 build if I could buy a used one down under!

Thanks in advance! My email is: C Zumo 17 at g mail dot com

Your looking at about $800-$1000 to airfreight a gearbox to Auzzie and then another $800-$100 to send it back to the USA. 01E's are very rare in Australia (I've shipped a half dozen to Australia this year).

Just send the parts to our shop and we can assemble the gearbox. Or I can supply the custom components you seek as well.