PDA

View Full Version : High Flow Cat vs Test Pipe

FuelSlut
05-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey guys quick question. the high flow cat on my a4 recently started leaking where the cat is welded to the pipe. i was debating replacing the high flow cat with a test pipe. i currently have a labree high flow cat and down pipe with a milltek exhaust. my concern is i have a giac chip, will a test pipe cause issues with the chip if its not flashed for one? thanks

yuriy
05-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Normally you will get CEL for one of your o2 sensors, this is easily taken care of with a re-flash. At least that's how it was for me. I have an APR chip and the re-flash was free.

AudiNFS
05-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Just curious, but are you saying you have a Labree HFC with their downpipe all welded in one?

FuelSlut
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
no the downpipe is separate. i am talking about where the actual cat is welded to the pipe. i already have the spacer in the rear o2 sensor and never threw a code untill it started leaking. thanks for the input i'm going to look in a re-flash

Seerlah
05-18-2011, 04:20 PM
How long have you had the cat for, and are you the original owner? I would call Labree up and tell them your issue. Labree has been known to stand behind his products and send a replacement.