PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Rear wheel bearing replacement

SunyaT23
05-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I cannot get the got damn rear control arm/ tie rod end/ whatever else they call it nut off. It's the one that spins when you turn nut. I have tried heating it and turning and holding it with C clamp just can't get it from stop turning! Please help me stat! I need this off ASAP so I can get it to my friend to press it before he leaves the shop!

bw86
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
try putting a jack under it

USAF Long
05-17-2011, 01:00 PM
hit it with an impact wrench, the instant torque should spin it off.

br0keit
05-17-2011, 01:19 PM
you have to be very careful with that nut as you're spinning a nut off of a ball joint. If you crank too hard sometimes you can unseat the joint. Your best bet is to try and bolt it back on and put a crazy amount of torque on it to reseat the joint. Then carefully with lots of lube (lol) take the nut back off.

99blueb5
05-17-2011, 01:35 PM
use the correct tool= air tools, you wont have that issue

A4drei
05-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Becareful to to bang the ball joint part! You might mess up the threads then you might really be Screwed

GetBoosted84
05-23-2011, 06:19 AM
I cannot get the got damn rear control arm/ tie rod end/ whatever else they call it nut off. It's the one that spins when you turn nut. I have tried heating it and turning and holding it with C clamp just can't get it from stop turning! Please help me stat! I need this off ASAP so I can get it to my friend to press it before he leaves the shop!

I just replaced the rear stabilizer arm when I did my rear bearing. The nut was giving me lots of trouble as well.