PDA

View Full Version : Replacement side mirror glass

auh
05-13-2011, 07:54 AM
A while back I saw a post where the guy said he got replacement glass for like 30 bucks for both mirrors. Its just precut glass that you basically double sided tape over the old glass.

I really need to glass and don't care about tinting, or heated element since mine don't heat up anyways.

Can such a product be had via interwebz or do I have to go to a glass shop?

FNK
05-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Drawn on a paper the geometry you need and look around.
Some good place to start is where they sell paint, paint with a small brush... (I don't know how it's called precisely) Hey often do stained glass so they will be able to cut it for you.

AndrA4
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Well I recently replaced just the glass. I bought mine here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B000C5E64E/ref=aw_d_ol?qid=1305340350&sr=8-1 for $13 off Amazon. The driver side was cheap, but finding a "stubby" for the passenger side for a good price is being quite a challenge. After I removed the old corroded mirror I also peeled off the heating element(it's a '97 and the heater tends to be shot in the older models). If you have a non-stubby passenger, I can't imagine why you simple can't buy 2 mirrors that I listed and simply flip one for the passenger side. The mirror is the same on both sides(double-sided), you'd just have to remove some of the sticky glue that holds it to the cardboard. Also buying two on the same order will give you free shipping since its over $25. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Noticed you have a 98.5 from your sig, so you do have a stubby. The cheapest I've seen stubby mirror glass sell for is ~$25 shipped. If you find cheaper ones, be sure to let me know!