PDA

View Full Version : 2005 C6 Xmas tree warning lights

NoFlyZone
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
It's all gone wrong on the display. I've got intermittant ABS, emergency brake malfunction, and EPS lights displays. My wife reports this is an on and off occurance. When I drove it it was an "on" occurance. Now she reports a CEL. Before heading to the shop, it sounds to me - gut feeling - that the ABS module of some "board" has a bad component.

Any ideas?

Also, the CEL could point to oxygen sensors as the car has nearly 100K miles on her.

4.2 by the way..

vortexjunkie
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
sounds like the abs control module

whehd79
05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
My car has exactly same as your fire work display.
I've driven my car with the faults for about 6 months.
It's ABS control module which costs about 1900 only for the computer part from dealership.
My CEL comes on and off but I thought its the gas I use.
If you have any solution with less money or better way to fix for the ABS, please share the info.
Thanks.

NoFlyZone
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Kind of an easy fix really, and cheap.

Go to ModuleMasters.com.

Chances are you have either a 5.3 or 5.7 ABS module. the 5.3 which is silver and black gets rebuilt for ~$150 dollars. The 5.7 is twice that due to its complexity.

I've changed this module before on my A4. It's relatively easy and you can continue to drive while its being repaired [:)]

The instructions for removing and installing are on ModuleMasters website. These are good people to deal with!

No as far as my CEL, thinking of changing the O2 sensors as they're about due anyway [:/] Gotta get the Ross tech cable for my A6. My A4 cable won't work [=(]

transp0rter
05-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I had the same thing but I only had a bad wheel speed sensor!!!! Can u run a scan ?
Btw what's the damage $$$ on the oxygen sensor since Im am near 100k myself .... Thanks

07S6
05-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Plug it in for codes..i had all those lights in the past and turned out to be bad electrical relays needed replacing. Basically all those systems weren't getting the required electric current at startup, so they all error out. They don't cost much. Just a suggestion-