PDA

View Full Version : Vmaxx Input for those using them

SmokeTheRear
05-07-2011, 12:58 AM
I know its been covered ive googled and read older reviews. I was looking for something more up to date. So for those of you with Vmaxx coil overs whats your input so far. Supposidly my rear right suspension is on its way out and im looking for alternatives. My current setup is blisteen groove springs with nuespeed struts if i remember correctly with the perches. There very tight and stiff in my opinion. So im just looking for some input from fellow users.

99blueb5
05-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I know its been covered ive googled and read older reviews. I was looking for something more up to date. So for those of you with Vmaxx coil overs whats your input so far. Supposidly my rear right suspension is on its way out and im looking for alternatives. My current setup is blisteen groove springs with nuespeed struts if i remember correctly with the perches. There very tight and stiff in my opinion. So im just looking for some input from fellow users.

there was a thread all about vmaxx coilovers discused a few weeks bad, has a TON of info on it...so SEARCH and you will find it

stofficer2
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I currently have Vmaxx's and I love them. People talk about them being bouncey? I have yet to experience that. They ride very smooth and soft. Not too stiff and not too soft. I had them spun all the way down and it rode great, but the car was obviously too low to drive like that every day. The exhaust literally sat on the ground. It didn't scrape, it sat on the ground. I just spun them up and still love the ride. Well worth the money.

black99.5a4
05-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I had them on for 5 days, bought st's.. too soft. on stock sized tires at 23.75 gtf they were so soft it would let my upper a arms smash the strut tower. the st's with stock sized tires at 23" gtf NEVER hit and ride worlds better.

I also bought mine (the vmaxx) after they apparently changed the springs

J Ozzie
05-08-2011, 04:54 AM
vmaxx is only good for 1 thing! SLAMMING!!

Charlie240sxt
05-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I have been rolling on them for about a year and I'm set below 24'' GTF. If you plan on just driving your car not tracking it or street racing people at all then yes buy vmaxx it will be fine they are a little bouncy but as long as your not racing who cares. Now if you enjoy speeding around highway on/off ramps or the occasional street race or go to the drag strip or plan on autoxing your car at all then you will need something better. As for my car if i keep it ill be stepping up to a better set of coilovers thought my a4 was just going to be a work and back car while my s14 is my toy but my driving style is to aggressive for vmaxx.

keeganhartman
05-08-2011, 05:40 PM
spend a little more money and get ST coils. VMAXX has it's share of people who will tell you that "it's not that bad" but who wants to settle for that. i guess if you don't want to go low then by all means get them. I mean 24" 23" can be a world of a difference when it comes to hitting things. When they get soft enough though in the front it isvery easy to hit the ground really hard in the front on dips because they won't rebound in time to keep you from plowing the asphalt.