PDA

View Full Version : 2010 A6 3.0 with Stasis ECU Upgrade

pkancel
04-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Picked up my car a week ago from Audi of Mission Viejo after they had the car for a week doing the Stasis ECU upgrade. Cant thank Jorge Salceda enough. Supplied me with a loaner car while the car was being enhanced. Took a little longer than expected so Jorge was kind enough to give it a full detail inside and out. Kristoff at Stasis also did a great job of keeping me in the loop while my ECU was at their location.

The end result is amazing. The biggest difference I notice is off the line. It snaps you back into the seat and pulls significantly. The next area where I notice the biggest difference is in the higher RPMS. As soon as you hit the gas, it takes off and pulls and pulls and pulls. One heck of a lot of fun.

To draw another comparison, we bought this car to replace our 2006 BMW 550i, which I always loved but the warranty was expiring in a year and I wanted to sell it while I could still get decent money for it. So stock BMW 550i to stock Audi A6 3.0, the BMW off the line felt slightly stronger and definitely pulled longer. Stock 550i vs my current Stasis ECU upgrade. Hands down the Audi comes off the line much more aggressively and holds it longer now. It literally snaps your head back and pushes you into the seat. I truly would have never thought it would be this much of a difference from stock let alone from the BMW. I was very skeptical initially but I was proven wrong, thankfully.

I am also due to post some pics, after blacking out some of the trim, grill, installing wheels and installing rear lip spoiler. Will post soon. The only bad thing is that I really wanted the Stasis rear emblem, logo but that specific rear version is for cars that have done the entire package. ECU, Exhaust & Wheels. So I was given the emblems they use for the side and installed on the rear. Not liking it much so will eventually remove it and the A6 and only have the rings.

pkancel
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Posting photos: May do this in two posts so they come out larger. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0597.jpg, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0595.jpg,http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0593.jpg

DRA4
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Do you know how much is putting down with the flash now?

pkancel
04-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Post Part II

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0592.jpg,http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0590.jpg,http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0591.jpg

pkancel
04-30-2011, 06:55 PM
According to Stasis at peak HP is 376 with 370 torque. I wish I would have done a dyno before and after so I would know for sure but I no doubt can feel the biggest difference in torque.

Do you know how much is putting down with the flash now?

DRA4
04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
According to Stasis at peak HP is 376 with 370 torque. I wish I would have done a dyno before and after so I would know for sure but I no doubt can feel the biggest difference in torque.

Thanks, that is great power for a family sedan. Enjoy it!

pkancel
04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks DRA4 and noticed you are an Azine Veteran. Looks like you checked in about two months before me in 2004. Amazingly by Feb 2004, you were member 358. By the time I joined in April, if this is a true sequence, 1322 people had joined after you leading up to me. That was a busy period. Take care out in NYC.

Thanks, that is great power for a family sedan. Enjoy it!

DRA4
04-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks DRA4 and noticed you are an Azine Veteran. Looks like you checked in about two months before me in 2004. Amazingly by Feb 2004, you were member 358. By the time I joined in April, if this is a true sequence, 1322 people had joined after you leading up to me. That was a busy period. Take care out in NYC.

Haha wow i didn't even notice that. Yeah we have come a long way since then. Thanks dude, keep enjoying the west coast great weather!

305Supercharged
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
You beat me to it, I was honestly going to message you today and see whatever happened to your car ;p. Congrats man, would love to see a video whenever your free :).

I really like how the blacked out grill come out to be, and also the rear spolier.

Out of curiosity, how much did the ECU upgrade end up to be? And the rear spolier ;p?

4Chio
05-01-2011, 05:45 AM
great looking!! love the wheels..

Ynnekdude
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Congrats! Isn't this car a lot of fun with a tune? I find myself making excuses to run to the store just so I can go do a few pulls. Now time for an exhaust... that's a good time as well [eek]

That blacked out grill looks great... I might have to copy you [;)] What did you use to do it?

pkancel
05-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks pal and guess what, that according to the Audi dealer, that rear valance should work so going to attempt that again:) ECU Upgrade was $1,780.00. Rear spoiler, a whopping $58.00 from China:) Seriously, painted and all. I just had to line it up and stick it on. I was originally bummed out because it was too long, then I realized that most spoilers for the trunk actually have some slight overhang onto the rear quarters so once I got it lined up, I was very happy with the look. So you are next on Mods, still waiting to hear the update on the removal of badges:)

You beat me to it, I was honestly going to message you today and see whatever happened to your car ;p. Congrats man, would love to see a video whenever your free :).

I really like how the blacked out grill come out to be, and also the rear spolier.

Out of curiosity, how much did the ECU upgrade end up to be? And the rear spolier ;p?

pkancel
05-02-2011, 10:20 AM
You can say that again, in fact I have even noticed that I gained approx 1 to 2 MPGs on the highway. In town seems I have lost a few though but its not because of the ECU, its because of my foot resting harder on the pedal:) Blacked out grill, was just masked off and painted black. I was going to use my plasti-dip as I did on the sides but so far I havent been a big fan of that stuff. It looks nice but its hard to work with because when pulling off the tape, it pulls up some of the plasti-dip. I have tried pulling up the tape when it is completely dry and while still wet, neither way works well. It seems its really best designed for something that doesnt need masking where you can shoot the entire thing. But you copy me is me copying someone else. I saw theirs and had to have it. They had the rings painted too but that was too much for me.

Congrats! Isn't this car a lot of fun with a tune? I find myself making excuses to run to the store just so I can go do a few pulls. Now time for an exhaust... that's a good time as well [eek]

That blacked out grill looks great... I might have to copy you [;)] What did you use to do it?

305Supercharged
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks pal and guess what, that according to the Audi dealer, that rear valance should work so going to attempt that again:) ECU Upgrade was $1,780.00. Rear spoiler, a whopping $58.00 from China:) Seriously, painted and all. I just had to line it up and stick it on. I was originally bummed out because it was too long, then I realized that most spoilers for the trunk actually have some slight overhang onto the rear quarters so once I got it lined up, I was very happy with the look. So you are next on Mods, still waiting to hear the update on the removal of badges:)

That's good to hear =D If it doesn't fit for whatever reason, my new valance should be coming in the mail this week (delay due to the storms and all happening), so if you want I'll send you my stock one ;p.

Thank you =). Did you happen to get it off a website or found it on ebay ;p? I was really thinking about getting it but for now, I shall wait and see how the final look of the car will be =)

pkancel
05-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks pal but actually I want to see the results of your new valance before I do anything. I might be so jealous that I have to follow:)

The rear spoiler painted was this exactly in ebay: Painted Audi A6 C6 S Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler 05 07 09, copy and paste. I said China but it was Taiwan. Its shows right now at $21.59 plus shipping at $26.00. They list the paint colors in ebay so when you order you state what paint color and approx two weeks later you have it. Final look, what secret are you holding back?:)

That's good to hear =D If it doesn't fit for whatever reason, my new valance should be coming in the mail this week (delay due to the storms and all happening), so if you want I'll send you my stock one ;p.

Thank you =). Did you happen to get it off a website or found it on ebay ;p? I was really thinking about getting it but for now, I shall wait and see how the final look of the car will be =)

dufferdude
05-04-2011, 04:22 PM
The grille and the car looks great. you only masked it off j/k :-)
When you use the plastidip you have to score it with a xacto knife first, then it comes off without peeling.
I have the rear lower skirt, 4F9 071 611 9AX on my Avant send me a pm with your email and I'll send you a pic.
http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/au/pdf.Par.0092.File.pdf

305Supercharged
05-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks pal but actually I want to see the results of your new valance before I do anything. I might be so jealous that I have to follow:)

The rear spoiler painted was this exactly in ebay: Painted Audi A6 C6 S Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler 05 07 09, copy and paste. I said China but it was Taiwan. Its shows right now at $21.59 plus shipping at $26.00. They list the paint colors in ebay so when you order you state what paint color and approx two weeks later you have it. Final look, what secret are you holding back?:)

Thanks =D. Just sent the person an email because they don't have my color so I'm hoping to see. I figured I'd buy it since it was surprisngly cheap and see how it looks.

Hahaha, no holding back don't worry, I don't have any surprises yet ;p. I just checked, my shipment just arrived in Orlando today =). It should hopefully *crossed fingers* be in by tomorrow, and I have a final tomorrow and Friday, so I'm hoping to either have everything done and good to go by Friday evening or Saturday =).

transp0rter
05-04-2011, 07:33 PM
very sweet ride man. idk if anyone mentioned it, but i would deff black out the side markers it will give it a much meaner look.

Calabria
05-04-2011, 09:10 PM
OEM orange sidemakers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0591.jpg

Black sidermarkers
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1996/dscn0591w.jpg (http://img828.imageshack.us/i/dscn0591w.jpg/)

and debadge that trunk!

pkancel
05-05-2011, 11:11 AM
305, we expect posted photos by Saturday evening:) and if you get the spoiler, do they have the other Audi silver that may be close enough that you cant tell the difference?

Transporter & Calabria, thanks for the recommendations. Great idea and the photoshop makes a big difference with such a minor change. Debadge, yes been meaning to do that too.