PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive headlights VAG-COM Help!!!

fchodri
04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Hello everyone, I have a 2008 audi a6 and I borrowed a VAG COM cable form someone and tried to do some modifications.
I was able to activate adaptive headlights (where the headlights turn in the same directions as the steering wheel). However, it only stayed activated for about 10 minutes and it automatically reset it self.

I tried it 3-4 times and same thing happens. Does anyone know why this may be happening? why won't Adaptive headlights stay activated?

Can someone tell me how to do it so it does not deactivate...

I basically went to "55- Xenon Range" in VAG COM and went into channel 20 (Showroom Effect) and changed the value form 0 to 1 (Disabled to Enabled)

Thanks You all in advance, hope you can help!

Furhan

ManyAudis
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
I seem to remember reading that the showroom effect was disabled automatically when you drive above about 9mph. That does not mean that your adaptive headlights are not working. They only steer above about 9 mph. If you are pulling into your garage or sitting still they will not steer.

fchodri
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
I seem to remember reading that the showroom effect was disabled automatically when you drive above about 9mph. That does not mean that your adaptive headlights are not working. They only steer above about 9 mph. If you are pulling into your garage or sitting still they will not steer.

Thanks A Lot ManyAudis... You are 100% right that the showroom effect cancels after certain speed.
I was driving yesterday in some traffic (going around 15mph) and I saw the headlights move (reflection on the car in front of me).

thanks

JPJ2007
04-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Not to thread jack, But is there a way to change the Sensitivity to the steering wheel vs the amount the headlights turn?
Say if the lights are too slow to the movement of the steering wheel? or too fast?

Thanks

Also I know the Showroom is for... Showroom. The full adaptive is something else. But I don't know since I havnt gotten ahold of a vagcom yet. :(