homelink
storage package (?)
light rain sensor
DID

Sound package

Open sky

Nav system

Xenon headlights

I figure it should be around $32k. Think that is reasonable or am I dreaming?

Second, what do you think the odds are of fitting my wheels under there? 19x8.5 et35 BBS CHs with 245/35-19 BFG KDWs.

Anything I missed? I have an A3 rental car reserved in Munich (non TDI) to make sure I like it. Dealer said deposit is fully refundable. Car would arrive the week I return from Europe(first week of June).

I am having a serious problem ordering a car I have never driven, but I need a new car.

Thanks.

Axxis
03-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Those wheels are going to look damn good. If those 19"s fit nicely.. Im sold

foofighter
03-26-2005, 12:15 PM
you may run into problems w/ the current CH's as they are 35mm ET may end up sticking out of the fender a bit. The new MkV and B7 chassis are running really high offset numbers. Even aftermarket wheels from Abt are running 19x8.5 w/ an ET of 40mm. But a good testing fitting will finalize that.

TooLow2.0T
03-26-2005, 04:48 PM
From everything I've read your price sounds totally reasonable retro. I've heard rumors around the net that pricing should be released soon, so if your deposit is refundable you should have plenty of time to pull your order. I'm interested in knowing about the wheel fitment as well...

pdxa4
03-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by foofighter
you may run into problems w/ the current CH's as they are 35mm ET may end up sticking out of the fender a bit. The new MkV and B7 chassis are running really high offset numbers. Even aftermarket wheels from Abt are running 19x8.5 w/ an ET of 40mm. But a good testing fitting will finalize that.

Yea the current CH's with ET35 would not be so good on the A3, I know that there is a ET45 8" wide CH that most of the guys in England are fitting on their A3's...

There is a group buy on the mkiv site...

See details of the unique CH's here...

see details here (http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55086)

retrohasen
03-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I will just hold onto the wheels to see if they fit.

I put down the deposit, but they have 3 black 1.8t Cabriolets at Livermore for very good prices and I am very tempted.