PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic parking system weird beeping?

jdaudi
04-15-2011, 09:20 AM
When I go to backup now, I get a long tone now.. It o ly happens sometimes. What does that mean?

audibiasedguy
04-15-2011, 09:45 AM
You have a faulty parking aid sensor. Scan the car, should have a fault stored for which sensor.

pkancel
04-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Have you noticed when the long tone occurs. Typically a long continuous tone means you are at the end or close enough that you shouldnt continue backing. I am not as familiar with Audi but on our BMW it was a slow beep to a long tone. beep at the start of backing, long tone once you were close to something behind you.

I have even been parked with the car running and someone walks behind or in front of the car and the tone/beep goes off.

jdaudi
04-15-2011, 12:20 PM
No no. I know how the normal tone works. As soon as I put it in reverse now, it is a high pitch tone and the backup actual tone system doesn't beep when I'm close to
Something.

pkancel
04-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Ahh, ok so as Audibaisedguy says, likely a faulty sensor. What year is the car, still under warranty? Likely not a major thing. Any chance the bumper has been bumped on or around any of the sensors?

jdaudi
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Not at all. Hasn't touched it. Works all the time. Just happened out of the blue. It's a 2005

pkancel
04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
I know you said random, so likely will just need to find someone that can check for the error code.

jdaudi
04-15-2011, 02:29 PM
It happens as soon as I put the car in reverse it makes a loud beep. The sensors are clean I dont understand

audibiasedguy
04-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Its an electrical fault with one of the sensors, just had one fail on my car. The loud beep is the parking aid telling you there is a fault.

jdaudi
04-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I just had my friend use his vag com on it and it's the mid left sensor. He wiped the codes and it works fine now. It also found a window regulator fault?

jebbaah
05-13-2013, 06:33 AM
I just had my friend use his vag com on it and it's the mid left sensor. He wiped the codes and it works fine now. It also found a window regulator fault?

possibly the rear bumper was really dirty?
I washed my car and it has gone away as far as I can recall.
;)