PDA

View Full Version : A-pillar trim removal

richardaudi0
04-08-2011, 04:41 AM
I need to remove the inner A-pillar trims on my C6 2007 A6 Avant to remove the ventilation grille that runs along the front of the windscreen because it's creaking. I've looked on Elsawin and it says it's held by three clips and to prise it off using a special tool (can't remember which one, sorry). Anyway, I haven't got this tool, so wondered if anyone has removed them using something similar. I've tried with a strong palette knife, but I daredn't lever too hard in case I damage the trim. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jdaudi
04-08-2011, 05:12 AM
I need to remove the inner A-pillar trims on my C6 2007 A6 Avant to remove the ventilation grille that runs along the front of the windscreen because it's creaking. I've looked on Elsawin and it says it's held by three clips and to prise it off using a special tool (can't remember which one, sorry). Anyway, I haven't got this tool, so wondered if anyone has removed them using something similar. I've tried with a strong palette knife, but I daredn't lever too hard in case I damage the trim. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is not possible. Its a known issue and a TSB has been made for it. you have to remove the windshield. Mine does the same thing.

richardaudi0
04-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. I thought the TSB where you have to remove the windshield is because the outer clip of the chassis number display touches the windscreen. Mine is covered in the Audi TB 70-05-02, which says:
Condition:
Defrost grill trim has loose holding clips.
Left and right side cover trim creaking against dash panel.
Gap between defrost trim grill and windshield is too small.
Production:
Holding clips for defrost trim grill improved.
Side covers for dash panel improved
Installation of felt strip on right side of defrost trim grill
Service:
– Secure all holding clips to defrost grill trim with hot glue (see illustration).

cebo0650
04-08-2011, 01:29 PM
I would love to find out more about this, I have the same issue. I too tried to remove the trim but it wasn't coming off and I really didn't want to force and break something so I gave up.

richardaudi0 can you please send me a link to the TSB?

richardaudi0
04-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Can't find the links, but if you PM me with your email address I can send PDFs (can't see how to attach them to this reply).

JPJ2007
04-11-2011, 07:28 AM
I'll have to look into this.... Audi Still hasn't replaced my coil packs... And its been a year... My idle still misses

M_ashmawy
05-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Hi All,

Did you reach any thing new on this topic? I have the same exact problem like the OP !!