PDA

View Full Version : Seafoamed S6

07S6
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I induced about half can of Seafoam today thru vac line. No smoke while i was doing it. However, after letting it sit for about 15 minutes with ngine off and then going for a drive at high RPMs - i got lots of the whitish gray smoke out the pipes.

Not entirely sure if that's all carbon residue or if the Seafoam itself vaporizes into a white smoke?? The car had been running fine so havent noticed much of a difference yet. May try a second dose with whatever's left in the can. I had also just run a can of the Audi additive in the gas tank after a couple of cold start misfires when the temps were cold.

The check engine light came on after the procedure since the air pressure was altered when you undo the vac line. Should go off after a few good starts.

Scrwedtxboy31
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Just how its supposed to look and work, sounds like everything went off without a hitch. I used 1.5 bottles when I sea foamed my B6 A4. Either way it works the same. Give it another go after the engine is nice and hot. Don't forget to change your oil shortly after. IIRC its something like 25-75 miles later, dont remember the exact number but definitely shortly there after. I think I changed mine the next day ~50 mi later or so. GL!

a4_1.8t_01
04-04-2011, 12:46 PM
That stuff is not good on turbo cars. I did it and messed up my turbo. If you think about it, it will break up all that carbon and ends up directly in the turbo before it goes out the exhaust.

jdaudi
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
How often should you do this

B6JoeS4
07-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Seafoam will NOT do anything to the carbon in this motor. If you feel that it did something, you are imagining things. The white smoke is the seafoam itself buring off, NOT the carbon. Carbon burns black.

You can however put a whole can in your crankcase and drive lightly for 300 miles. It will help clean things up in the oil system, however, if your car was serviced regularly, you are better off leaving it alone.

Seafoam works great as a fuel system and injector cleaner. Pour the entire can in your gas tank before you fill it up and change your oil right after that tank is burnt up