PDA

View Full Version : transmission fluid change question

bob audi
03-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I recently purchased a 2008 A6 quattro and wanted to do all fluids and maintenance so I know all is done. I am having difficulty finding a transmission fluid and filter kit. I have been to to ZF (CTSC) website and they have a full line of filters, but seems like none for my model. I found the model number as explained on their website, and have contacted them, but it's been 2 weeks and no reply or kit yet. I am new to Audi and I am told to ONLY use approved fluids. ZF is the manufactrue of Audi transmission and they say they have all the correct fluids, but again, nothing for my model of quattro.
My questionis for other Quattro owners.....Where did you get your filter and fluid kit?
Thanks,
Bob

Kevin1
03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I have had the dealer replaced the ATF twice so far. I would just get the parts through your local dealer.

pablowest
04-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I recently purchased a 2008 A6 quattro and wanted to do all fluids and maintenance so I know all is done. I am having difficulty finding a transmission fluid and filter kit. I have been to to ZF (CTSC) website and they have a full line of filters, but seems like none for my model. I found the model number as explained on their website, and have contacted them, but it's been 2 weeks and no reply or kit yet. I am new to Audi and I am told to ONLY use approved fluids. ZF is the manufactrue of Audi transmission and they say they have all the correct fluids, but again, nothing for my model of quattro.
My questionis for other Quattro owners.....Where did you get your filter and fluid kit?
Thanks,
Bob

I get mine from a good friend who refer me to join this forum. If you wish to I can refer him to you if you want to get a nice filter. :D

jdaudi
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I have 75 miles on mine (just hit it) on 05 A6 quattro. Don't know where the final drive, or any tranny/shaft fill locations are.. :(

a6nello
08-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I was told by a service manager at Audi that the transmission/fluid is a "lifetime of the vehicle" and does not need to be changed. Is there any merit to this? (I find that hard to believe). I recently purchased an 05 C6 with 59k on it and it just seems the trans is a bit loosy-goosy. At times cruising at lower speed if I let-off the gas and then press on gas, so I feel it re-engage (Like a thump). I'm not sure if that "play" that I feel is just standard feel with Audi trans. It feels better in Sport mode because it is not shifting as often of course, but do any of you feel something similar?

seckler17
08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
I was told by a service manager at Audi that the transmission/fluid is a "lifetime of the vehicle" and does not need to be changed. Is there any merit to this? (I find that hard to believe). I recently purchased an 05 C6 with 59k on it and it just seems the trans is a bit loosy-goosy. At times cruising at lower speed if I let-off the gas and then press on gas, so I feel it re-engage (Like a thump). I'm not sure if that "play" that I feel is just standard feel with Audi trans. It feels better in Sport mode because it is not shifting as often of course, but do any of you feel something similar?

I have been told the same thing by 2 seperate Audi dealers and a reputable indy shop that I use. I have a hard time believing this as well. I do a lot of DIY on my cars and have never heard of "lifetime" fluid before. I brought it up to the indy shop and they asked why I wanted to have it changed was my transmission acting different (symptoms?) I replied no it was just a precautionary thing as I have always changed tranny fluid in my cars. They told me they do not reccomend changing the fluid.

SinCityA6
08-23-2011, 06:06 PM

Check your owners manual and you will see that there is NO recommended change interval. When the tranny finally goes (which is rare on a Tiptronic), then the fluid gets changed with the tranny.