PDA

View Full Version : Panel Rattle

SungTT
03-22-2005, 09:29 AM
The plastic panel right next to the doors, towards the back of my roadster rattles and squeaks pretty loudly. it's the panel right behind the seat. does anyone else have this problem?

it's pretty loud and everyone who rides with me has commented on it. i just try to drive with the music volume up.

Hutash
03-23-2005, 06:34 PM
nope

ncttrnl
03-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Mine does it and so does my parents. They had their privacy shelf replaced because it was rattling/squeaking. I've had more problems with interior panels making noise.

Theirs is at 50K and mine is at 80K

SungTT
03-25-2005, 07:04 AM
someone in another forum suggested that i check the door jams. i lubed it up and now it doesn't make the annoying sound.

ncttrnl
03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
You can also check that the catch is aligned properly on the door. Things can move around a little and then if the door catch is aligned wierd it can make noise.

My parents privacy shelf thing was fixed under warranty, they replaced the whole shelf. I guess that can be fixed if you break the shelf apart and put silicon on all the points it was held together to glue it back up.

There is an issue with the seats squeaking too but I haven't experienced that one yet. The fix involves using the furry side of some velcro to pad something.