PDA

View Full Version : custom exhaust installed, vid included

Ynnekdude
03-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Got some exhaust work done today. Trexturk (Tom) did a great job. I cannot say enough about the quality of his work. The welds are great, the tips are aligned perfectly, and the price was excellent. If anyone in the Chicago area or even Lake Michigan area is looking to have exhaust work done, it's worth the drive.

The system is 2.5" stainless steel with x-pipe and Magnaflows. (better pics coming later)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Ynnekdude/Exhaust_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39XsjW_Xf2A

transp0rter
03-29-2011, 10:45 AM
deffff sounds better then the stock/ and not like a Honda that the neighborhood would otherwise throw eggs at you LOL

pkancel
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Very cool and good work with the camera, especially not getting it run over.

Seriously they look and sound great. Do you mind giving us a ballpark for what you paid. I realize that is Chicago, but just so everyone here can get an idea of cost and what Magnaflow mufflers were installed? Earlier you mentioned a little drone but please let us know if that goes away over time. Thats always my concern about changing exhaust because I really like something louder but want to avoid a drone.

deffff sounds better then the stock/ and not like a Honda that the neighborhood would otherwise throw eggs at you LOL

D's Avant
03-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for posting video, sounds really good IMO. You sure turn around quickly...

I agree with the question from pkancel on does it drone? I have an Avant at it is the weekend family car so drone is a bad thing. My modded B5 Avant with solid motor mounts and exhaust did drone some on the highway.

I may just go with Remus mufflers for a little extra sound, they just cost a fortune.

305Supercharged
03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Very cool and good work with the camera, especially not getting it run over.

Seriously they look and sound great. Do you mind giving us a ballpark for what you paid. I realize that is Chicago, but just so everyone here can get an idea of cost and what Magnaflow mufflers were installed? Earlier you mentioned a little drone but please let us know if that goes away over time. Thats always my concern about changing exhaust because I really like something louder but want to avoid a drone.

I was going to ask the same haha !

305Supercharged
03-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Btw, @1.06, is that a cop that passed you by before you took the turn lol?

Ynnekdude
03-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Yep... that was a cop alright. I was pretty sure he was going to pull me over but luckily he must have been interested in something else. I was on a business drive so I don't think he really cared. Also, I wasn't turning around fast... I just cut the video several times when editing [:p]

Drone is really only a problem between 1.5k-2.7k. However, the mufflers still need to be broken in so I'm hoping it will die down. Also, I've read that putting some sound-deadening material in the spare tire bay helps reduce drone 50%+

We shall see. Thanks for the comments guys! I dropped the car off for the APR tune today. Should be up and running Thursday afternoon. Obviously vids will follow.

I will find out what Mufflers they are. I'm not sure at the moment. Cost was in the $600+ range. It will vary depending on what exactly you want. Either way, definitely cheaper than kits out there cough Stasis cough.

Pano
08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
I Wanna do Same thing. Just seems a little quiet For my liking :/

bazery
08-28-2012, 04:00 PM
this sounds perfect, I'd love to see the piping!

Ynnekdude
08-28-2012, 06:22 PM
this sounds perfect, I'd love to see the piping!

Next time I have it up on a lift, I will make sure to take a picture.

Here's a better vid of the exhaust once it was broken in. Car sounds a lot different now though due to the pulley and intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfPcasYhJkE