PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed chip

TheMuska00TT
03-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Its time to buy a chip and was looking at the neuspeed one but i was wondering if anybody has used it and how they like it. Or if someone has a chip that they really like please let me know

Thanks
Matt

4cefed4
03-22-2005, 07:59 AM
This forum doesn't seem to be very good for having chip questions answered. I have a post asking about Upsolute a few down from yours. From what I have seen with Neuspeed and other cars, I would say to avoid their chip. The other companies (GIAC, REVO, APR, Upsolute) seem to acheive better numbers and be more reliable about it.

Hutash
03-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I have the REVO program, and have been very happy. Seems solid adds alot of power, but no dyno to prove it, and is easy to adjust. Seems everybody has a favorite, and the chip wars have been fought numerous times. Try a search and you will find answers to most questions already posted.

ncttrnl
03-24-2005, 12:37 AM
One thing to keep in mind with Neuspeed, alot of their stuff is CARB exempt. In places where you need to pass smog, their stuff is usually 50 state legal. I'm not sure about all their chips but some pass.

If you're not concerned with any emissions type testing... APR, GIAC, and Revo (in alpha order) are all good and have packages with the same general features and power levels. Upsolute is not as widely used but I know alot of people with it out here in Socal have custom programming from Upsolute which is hard to get from the bigger guys.

On a power scale, I'd put Neuspeed at the bottom and then APR, GIAC, Revo at the same level at the top with Upsolute somewhere just shy of them.

No matter what, a chip is going to make your car waaaay different in a good way.

FWIW, I've been running GIAC for the last 40-50K