PDA

View Full Version : Serious question for people on Oahu?

Ultrasport Steve
03-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Where the heck do you get to enjoy your car...? Are there places you can go to get away from the crowds...and actually enjoy your car and get it over 70 mph? Yes, I was there recently...and I couldn't justify modifying a car over there..since it seemed you could never get to play with it. I would just get a Jeep CJ and just call it a day.

Chard
03-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Did you get a chance to go to north shore? You can definitely get your car over 70 if you head up the H2. Also, over by Sandy's you can get going pretty fast even though it's along the coast. There's plenty spots, but you're right, there's not much room if you stay in Waiks.

immortal_zeus
03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
I speed wherever the hell I go. [:o] I've gone 100mph on the H1 a several times (though I don't condone it). [:p] I think going towards Waianae (and coming back from there) would be the best place to speed...

Hell, I've gotten a ticket on Kapiolani for going like 65. I ultimately got out of it, though, because there wasn't enough evidence. [cool] Don't get the wrong idea--I'm not a negligent driver and I don't drive recklessly or carelessly. I pick my spots. Of course when I have passengers, I drive pretty normally. I only drive fast when I'm by myself.

[s4] [drive]

Chard
03-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Are you the S4 that's modded out? Last time I was there I saw an imola one, tinted dark, single tip exhaust, dropped, rims, etc. I think it was around Ala Moana area I saw it and maybe on Kuhio going towards the zoo too.

immortal_zeus
03-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Chard
Are you the S4 that's modded out? Last time I was there I saw an imola one, tinted dark, single tip exhaust, dropped, rims, etc. I think it was around Ala Moana area I saw it and maybe on Kuhio going towards the zoo too.

That wasn't me. I have a Neuspeed (dual tip) exhaust. Also, right now I'm running on stock rims (though I literally just ordered my rims today). I work on Ala Moana Blvd., though, so maybe I was going so fast that you thought my dual tip exhaust, and stock rims looked more modded cause I was going so fast. [:p]

KaiDaRudeboy
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Northshore does have long strectches of roads...

boysan
03-31-2005, 12:45 AM
There aren't too many places to really open it up (others have those covered), but you can still have fun on the twisties. My favorite is Tantalus and Roundtop Drives in Makiki Heights overlooking Honolulu--MILES of hairpins, esses, and the occasional straightaway.

Before I moved home last year, I couldn't wait to test out my A4. Now, it's just above my house!

Aloha-boy
04-04-2005, 07:35 PM
LOL....... I'm a grandma on wheels![:D] I did go to the Trackday event. I was able to open her up a bit![eek]