PDA

View Full Version : About to add subwoofer

igo4uga0586
03-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Hey guys, I am about to attempt to install a sub into my 6. I have the MMI Interface. I am planning on using a bass control nob placed under the dash to control the amount of bass to the sub. What all will i need to do this other than the obvious power wire, RCA's? Where is the best place for the remote wire? How do i tap into the OEM bass signal? Hope it will not be too tough, but help me out guys!!

b00st
03-15-2011, 08:01 AM
bass knobs as far as i know, always plugged into the amp.
amp install kits are common for those who don't know what they are doing.
are u doing an aftermarket amp? just replacing factory sub? but as far as i know you just can't buy a bass knob.
they were usually specific to the amp. Rockford has theres....phoenix gold had theres....etc. etc. usually a phone cord end and plugged into the amp.

igo4uga0586
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
got the bass knob already, its a simple rca in rca out knob. it will be an aftermarket amp for just the sub with an aftermarket sub.

AudiS4ex
03-15-2011, 11:49 AM
What amp and sub are you using?

igo4uga0586
03-15-2011, 12:23 PM
JL 10" in a sealed box and alpine v-power amp

igo4uga0586
03-18-2011, 12:43 AM
bump .....

Vinchenzo51
03-18-2011, 08:27 AM
what are you still looking for help with

Power to your battery
Ground to a solid ground spot (just pick one lol)
Run your remote to any ignition power (check your fuse panel for something that only works when the car is on, probably home link or something to that nature, and tap in there)

I'm not familiar with the MMI system, are you running a line-out converter to gain RCAs or does the factory system offer subwoofer out?
I've seen it done where you use a line-out converter and tap into the factory subwoofer +/- to gain your RCAs, but I don't know 100% if it would work in your case, this job was done on an old maxima lol.