PDA

View Full Version : Some Radio comments

dukez
03-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Yesterday I pulled out my aftermarket Sony CD Player headunit and restored my stereo back completely to stock (except for the front door speakers). I have one of thems Concert tape players.
Anyhow my radio never asked for a key upon reinstalltion and it still even retained all my radio presets. It's been in my closet for about two years since I replaced it with the Sony. Nice memory on it i guess.

Also, I never knew the (stock) radio displayed song names of songs being played from the (radio)station. That amazed me because I havent seen that being done with the 4 or 5 aftermarket decks I've used/installed (not all on my car, friends decks).

In conclusion, the stock deck with the stock rear speakers sound a whole lot better than my Sony aftermarket deck and amped (4channel) setup. WTF. Shrug.
Oh, I'd still rather have a CD PLAYER. Check out my wanted ad: http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41783

fanuvbrak
03-19-2005, 08:59 PM
that happened with mine, too. when i first unhooked it to install my aftermarket headunit, i decided to hook it back up to see what it asked for. nothing. it started on the station i left it.

mine was also a concert w/tape in a 99.

dbtong
03-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by dukez
Yesterday I pulled out my aftermarket Sony CD Player headunit and restored my stereo back completely to stock (except for the front door speakers). I have one of thems Concert tape players.
Anyhow my radio never asked for a key upon reinstalltion and it still even retained all my radio presets. It's been in my closet for about two years since I replaced it with the Sony. Nice memory on it i guess.

Also, I never knew the (stock) radio displayed song names of songs being played from the (radio)station. That amazed me because I havent seen that being done with the 4 or 5 aftermarket decks I've used/installed (not all on my car, friends decks).

In conclusion, the stock deck with the stock rear speakers sound a whole lot better than my Sony aftermarket deck and amped (4channel) setup. WTF. Shrug.
Oh, I'd still rather have a CD PLAYER. Check out my wanted ad: http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41783

Hey Dukez. That song/artist/station info being displayed just started for us NorCal'ers last year I think. I like it. I wish all stations did it.