PDA

View Full Version : Blow Off Valve

flynnr
03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious if you have any recommendations as to which BOV to buy? I have never bought one before, so i honestly dont know what to look for (I have always used a DV, so this is all new to me). If you have anything to keep in mind, or have any links to good deals or any help really would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JumboBlack1.8
03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Tial 50mm or Tial Q......Make sure you install it as close to the TB as possible.

AudiNFS
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious if you have any recommendations as to which BOV to buy? I have never bought one before, so i honestly dont know what to look for (I have always used a DV, so this is all new to me). If you have anything to keep in mind, or have any links to good deals or any help really would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GFB Stealth FX. Fully and completely adjustable DV/BOV hybrid. Looks great IMO

somebody5788
03-09-2011, 03:47 PM
GFB Stealth FX. Fully and completely adjustable DV/BOV hybrid. Looks great IMO

I think he's going MAFless. A hybrid would actually just make things more difficult at that point.

I have a monster ass Greddy Type R as a bypass on my supercharger. I feel like you should use one strictly because it's HUGE lol

gotboost
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I am running a greddy type-s

AudiNFS
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
I think he's going MAFless. A hybrid would actually just make things more difficult at that point.

I have a monster ass Greddy Type R as a bypass on my supercharger. I feel like you should use one strictly because it's HUGE lol

Didn't know about the MAFless part. In that case, disregard my previous post.

somebody5788
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Didn't know about the MAFless part. In that case, disregard my previous post.

I don't know this for fact but I don't think he'd ask if it wasn't going to be that way.

thenj3
03-09-2011, 04:27 PM
greddy type s

flynnr
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
wtf's a 'MAF' ??

;) jk but yeah no maf. heres an older pic of the setup (engine bay is much cleaner now, no exposed wires etc, and have an HKS lo pro filter on the end of the turbo)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/flynnr1/85d27a11.jpg

GrapeBandit
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
greddy type s

^this, or a HKS. but seriously, use the search function. this is probably the most commonly asked question on here and vortex

EDIT:wow, the OP has four rings and really asked this question[facepalm][facepalm]
plus his sig say stand alone...u can use any bov then[facepalm]

flynnr
03-09-2011, 04:50 PM
^this, or a HKS. but seriously, use the search function. this is probably the most commonly asked question on here and vortex

EDIT:wow, the OP has four rings and really asked this question[facepalm][facepalm]
plus his sig say stand alone...u can use any bov then[facepalm]

no shit, and no one really seriously talks about BOV's on here, everyone brings it up to use on their k03 setup and the thread instantly goes to ' you are dumb, you need a DV, not a BOV... get a forge 007 or a hks ssqv because its a hybrid'

thats not the response i am looking for. i am looking for something to use because i have plans to get a bigger turbo in this summer.

i guess i am looking more for a 'whatever you do dont buy a XXXXX BOV because they are trash and break a lot' or 'everyone uses the XXXXX BOV, its great, go with that'

i have never, and will probably never go on vortex, sorry.

GrapeBandit
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
^^^i had the hks ssqv forever with no failures, then got the hks race bov cuz the ssqv is good to about 35psi iirc...

blacka4
03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
wait nevermind carry on....

M-Hood
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Buy one that allows just enough air out for what you need. Last thing you want is a BOV that lets too much air out while reducing the pressure between the TB and the Turbo.

Even on my Tial 50mm setup I have a hose clamp over the vents to reduce the amount that comes out, with the clamp removed too much air gets out causing major lag in the lower gears.
The Q lets out even more air then the Tial 50mm and you can NOT put a clamp over the vents since the body near the vents is at an angle. Tial no longer makes the 50mm even though there are copies out there still being sold.
Tial does offer a BPV that looks like the 50mm but has a single outlet that can be used to vent like a BOV or hooked up like a BPV.

The Tial QR
http://www.tialmedia.com/p_images/qrlg.jpg

Turbo Smart offers a BOV that looks some what like the Tial 50mm.
http://www.turbosmartonline.com/images/4593.jpg

For something that isn't moving as much air, this might be a good choice.
http://www.turbosmartonline.com/images/211.jpg