PDA

View Full Version : Part ID?

zak
02-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok, looking for some radio wiring in the rear of my 99 avant, I found an unused connector in the left compartment (where the CD changer goes).

It was zip-tied to the tail light wires, and it has a 25-pin female connector (looks like a computer serial connection). The connector is at a 90* angle to the wires, and it has the number 500059 on it. The connector has a red cover on it, and there's a grey plastic clip over the body.

I can get a pic if needed.

Anyone know what this wire harness is? Thanks!

TMatthews
02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I found this tucked behind the carpet of my trunk as well, guessing it's some old school connection for the mobile phones?

walky_talky20
02-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes, it is for interfacing for an integrated mobile phone. Some of the wires go to the headunit (to the PHONE input and the MUTE wire, etc) and some of them go to the 8 pin connector in the armrest, and some of them go the microphone built in to the driver's a-pillar. So if you want to connect anything in the armrest, or you want to use that microphone for something, you can use that 25 pin connector to interface with it.

zak
02-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Damn. So it's useless. I was hoping to have an easy time wiring in my sub. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

M-Hood
02-22-2011, 10:25 PM
90's technology. lol