PDA

View Full Version : questions

fbdohc
02-20-2011, 07:44 PM
After all the tests we've made on the car, i finally get to change my heater core. The thing is, i dont know if i want to do it. Its seems a pretty big job as i can see on a diy i found, do you think it worth paying someone to do it ?

Also, for those who read my story about my clogged heater core, can it affect my oil temp ??? Since one week, i realise that my oil temp was getting higher than before, near to 120 celsius degrees and that is when im driving 120 km/h for 30 minutes. And when it reach near the 120 degrees , my coolant temp rise a little bit more than normal. the needle is a little bit more to the right but it never go higher than that...
So, do you think all that i cause by my clogged heater core or , its the oil cooler that i broken ?

fbdohc
02-21-2011, 02:48 PM
52 views and no answers.... come on guys

Cristisor
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
The coolant needle being a little bit more to the right might be a calibration issue, you can calibrate the needles with VAG-COM again.
About the heater core, before changing it, try to connect a water pressure pump to the two hoses (in and out) that go to the heater core. Wash the heater core with water and some powerful cleaning substances, something to disintegrate and remove the dirt. I have some friends that did this and solved their problem in a very very cheap way.
Sorry but I don't know what to say about the oil temperature.
If you didn't understand what I am talking about please let me know, I am not a native English speaker.