PDA

View Full Version : Door lock issue

gzmeski
02-09-2011, 05:54 AM
So the douche i bought my 98 A4 2.8l from decided it would be cool to shave off the door handles[facepalm]. But then the remote entry key stopped working, so i have to go lock the door and set the alarm through the passanger side.
But only the passanger side goes down, not the whole car. Also, when i hit the switch in the car no locks go down. Is this the vacume pump? Because i just want to put in a remote entry (like just a viper $50 one). So does anyone know what the problem could be???

weaselciuy
02-09-2011, 06:38 AM
does the vacuum pump make like a "grinding coffee" sound in the boot? its on the right side of the spare wheel.

If it does, ot gets NO sound at all, then its the pump. It has a crappy carbon disc that gets worn in time then breaks up and bye bye locks. Either buy a new one or used one with that disc intact. You cant glue it back together or anything else, it just brakes at first use, i tried everything :p .

Audi and vacuum pumps are kind of a fail team in late game (old cars) :)) .

Ussualy when battery is very low on voltage, it only locks/unlocks driver door so not to use up power.