PDA

View Full Version : In need of an engine block

Turbo Nerd
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Long story short I think my car threw a rod or something of that nature. All I know is my engine is fucked and I think it's from running lean, I ran through first gear and started misfiring then something gave in the engine and dropped all my oil. I turned the car off right away and pulled it to my house. After I get this car done at work I will tow it there so I can start breaking down the engine. I'm doing either a 1.9L on my crank if its good, if not then I will most likely be building a 2L. Either way this car is being built.

So if anyone has a block for sale let me know please.

Car is a 2001 QTM AWM engine code.

nunya
02-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Long story short I think my car threw a rod or something of that nature. All I know is my engine is fucked and I think it's from running lean, I ran through first gear and started misfiring then something gave in the engine and dropped all my oil. I turned the car off right away and pulled it to my house. After I get this car done at work I will tow it there so I can start breaking down the engine. I'm doing either a 1.9L on my crank if its good, if not then I will most likely be building a 2L. Either way this car is being built.

So if anyone has a block for sale let me know please.

Car is a 2001 QTM AWM engine code.

If you threw a rod your crank is likely trashed too.

--dillon

M-Hood
02-09-2011, 07:49 AM
You have a 06A, might as well spend the little extra and go with a stroker kit since its so easy to do on that motor. 1.9 liter is just the better choice on the 058 since its so much more work to do a stroker setup.

Turbo Nerd
02-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the info... I won't know what happened until I pull my motor. I'm fucking really pissed you have no clue, I was going to build the motor anyways but I didn't want to this fast.

Ok I have the 06A all I need is 83mm pistons, rods, 2L crank, and oil pump gear? Can someone get me better deals than 950 shipped for pistons and rods, and 850 for a crank. I was think of just ordering the stroker kit of integrated but if I can get it somewhat cheaper I'd rather do that.

M-Hood
02-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Dont forget new rods/main/thrust bearings and might as well go coated on the rod/main bearings. IE has good prices, can also get the same setups from their dealers. Nearly everyone that offers the stroker kit is going to be very close to that $1800.

Turbo Nerd
02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Yea of course.... so go with coated rod and main bearings, everything else go OE?

M-Hood
02-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes.